TV Ads ?

Observer II

34 minutes ago, Observer II said:

With the grumpies forced to binge watch TV  at the moment - is it just a coincidence that we are being bombarded with ads for life insurance, funeral plans etc  ?    💀

No the ad guys know where to aim so its wall to wall.. walk in baths/stair lifts/funeral plans and home delivered meals I watch classic Corrie and Eastenders ... and thats all you get. So I record the shows and watch later conveniently fast forwarding the ad's 

And it's amazing how fit and agile the stair lift/walk in bath users are 😆

• Upvote 1

What amazes me is that somebody would go straight from a funeral to a garden centre.

If you have trouble getting in and out of a bath have a shower put in its place. Its what i did when mrs sid had problems after a shoulder op. Put in a couple of hand holds and invest in a portable seat for a shower or have one built in.

And don't get me started on that bloke with his parsnips. Why plant so many in the first place if you can't get rid of them......🤭

• Haha 1

Maybe he should get on the net and look up parsnip jam recipes....they do exist.

i did notice that cleaner dishwasher tablet one. Not sure what language the guy was speaking but it looks like the person who did the dubbing was the same one who did the spaghetti westerns.....🤨

• Haha 1

Again off topic, I'm watching a series called Criminal on Netflix. There are English, German, Spanish and French series all filmed on the same set but with English, German, Spanish and French storylines. I was watching a French one last night with French actors dubbed in English and with English subtitles, the problem being that the dubbed dialogue didn't match the subtitles so which is correct? Who knows? 🤪

1 hour ago, asperity said:

Again off topic, I'm watching a series called Criminal on Netflix. There are English, German, Spanish and French series all filmed on the same set but with English, German, Spanish and French storylines. I was watching a French one last night with French actors dubbed in English and with English subtitles, the problem being that the dubbed dialogue didn't match the subtitles so which is correct? Who knows? 🤪

Think I will carry on watching The Crown quite possibly in my top 5 all time favourite tv dramas.

Being of an age where I can relate to the characters and storylines I find it riveting 

it always amuses me when they announce that some scenes may not be suitable for younger viewers.

I do wonder at what age you stop becoming a younger viewer, i can only assume it is when everybody older than you has popped their clogs....🤭

I was brought up on a healthy diet of hammer horror films quite a lot got cut in those, especially in the Farnkenstien series when the villagers reached for the pitchforks and flaming torches....:shock:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Observer II said:

Makes you wonder just how many films have been cut for whatever reason?     :unsure:

Soldier Blue is a good example.

The whole idea of the film was to highlight the removal of native americans so settlers could have their land.

When the censor finished with it , it was just another run of the mill cowboy yarn.