Herd immunity ?

Observer II

26 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Never have done Asp; but it's HMG's job to enforce he rules, which can call for draconian punitive action against the selfish minority.    😷

Well it looks as if the selfish minority are untouchable because they are children and youths who can't pay fines and to whom we can't give criminal records because it will ruin their precious lives.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Observer II said:

Well the WHO are advising against any ideas of "herd immunity",  mind you, they seem to have blown their credentials by their apparent lack of scrutiny into the cause of the original outbreak in China.    😷

I listened to an epidemiologist from the John Innes Centre at UEA in Norwich on Talk Radio on the way to the shops yesterday. The host raised Herd Immunity expecting to be told it should be allowed to happen. He didn't get the answer he wanted as the scientist said we haven't tried that since measles since it generally is not viable unless one infection gives lifetime immunity to most people. When epidemiologists talk about Herd Immunity today apparently they mean that it is achieved by immunisation. That way it can be topped up if necessary and that is what is planned for Covid-19. Your comment about WHO is political posturing as supported by Trump so maybe you made a mistake there?

2 hours ago, Confused52 said:

Your comment about WHO is political posturing as supported by Trump so maybe you made a mistake there?

Well if it didn't start in Wuhan, China, where did it start ?   As far as we can be aware, this virus either spread from  bats at a wet market or from a laboratory accident.  The Chinese Gov sort to cover up the outbreak for weeks, if not months, prior to admitting they had an epidemic.  imo the virus went global months before the WHO announced a pandemic, and I believe was taking lives in the UK by the end of 2019;  UK Doctors were just putting "pneumonia" on death certificates, as they weren't aware  it was covid19.  As far as I'm aware, the WHO hasn't carried out an in depth investigation into the precise cause and the Chinese CP haven't cooperated.   If an in depth inquiry were allowed, the finding could possibly lead to Countries and Individuals suing the Chinese for negligence, but I won't hold my breath.   😷

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1