Who are these people.

This is a halfway rhetorical question, but it's still worth discussing.   I'm not talking about the looters and the 'protesters', I'm not talking about the pandering politicians, I'm talking about the people who vote losers into office - who on Gods earth are they?

We have Ilya Omah in congress, born in Somalia - there's a great political base of governmental learning, who married her brother to avoid immigration and has one theme, " hate Trump'.   We have AOCortez, who proposed the green new deal, ban gasoline engines immeadiatly and no airplane travel within ten years, while China and India get off scott free.  Plus she's a leading advocate in banning police forces completely.  We have Joe Biden, who has been in Congress for forty three years, never proposed a single bill and has been wrong on every single vote that he has ever made, that's not an exaggeration, it's a recorded fact.  We have Obama, who corrupted the FBI, the CIA, the IRS, the Justice Dept. and spied on and used these agencies to try to destroy a Presidency and who's wife's doctorate essay was titled " Why I hate America".  He's the second worst President ever, saved only by James Buchanan.

Now we have a country in flames and the Democratic supported perpetrators are apparently an inspiration to voters.   Of course that's all baloney, Trump supposedly has a problem in the polls, the same polls that had Hilary Clinton measuring the White House for drapes !   When the poll question says " If Joe Biden brings peace and prosperity and Trump delivers destruction, who would you vote for ?"   That is an exact question on a so called legitimate poll !

So I say, who are these people who see all this and still reelect.  I think that there should be ten general knowledge questions asked at every voting location and you have to get.  8 out of 10 to be qualified to vote.  I know this will discriminate against the dumbasses, but do you want an even dumber ass infuenzing the voting than you have in government now.

Its nice to post a non contraversial subject now and again.

In the USA you have 95% of the media pushing the narrative in one direction and that is not on the pro-Trump side. I have relatives in the States and all they ever do is parrot the pro Democrat line, Orange man is a stupid racist warmonger who is trying to destroy the country. And, by the way, all the lives that have been lost to Covid-19, every single one, can be laid at Trump's door. I get the feeling that the real electorate is keeping their powder dry and saving it for polling day when the Donald will walk it. Well for the sake of the Western world I hope he does. I say this in a completely non-partisan and non-controversial way.

Right as usual Asp.   Funny how the Democratic Governor of New York, Cuomo, can sign an order sending covid19 patients back to their retirement homes, where everyone immeadiatley died, doesn't count.   The plain fact is that Trump is one of the three greatest  Presidents of the US, Obama is in the bottom two and that has caused the Democrats and the media to go into meltdown.  If they let this situation prevail, they will never see a power position again.  Therebye lies the total analysis of the situation in the US.

Signing off from the crap laden, mortar attack, in the colonies, El Stallardo.

Just got to add to this discussion.  I compliment both Asp and Obs on a better than normal understanding of US politics. However, this is an unfortunate example of the difference between following the news and actually living it.

One of my golfing buddies of thirty years, a fanatical Democrat reacted recently to a post on Facebook.  Someone objected to the virus spikes being the fault of Trump, obviously ignoring the hundreds of ' protesters' on the streets.   Someone replied that ' it was hardly Trumps fault'.  My friend jumped in and said that, " no, it was the fault of the idiots who elected him !"      Like a fool, I answered with, well, I voted for him, am I an Idiot ?  The response was, " How dare you contradict me, I thought you were my friend, obviously not !  Don't ever speak to me again !"   I don't mourn the loss, he was always kinda obnoxious, but it kinda gives you an indication of the possibilities of negotiation with the left.

Strange, cos everyone on here knows my love is boundless, even KiJ.   Hail Mary full of grace - forgive me if I lie !

I lived in the U.K. for 39 years Davy and the US for 41 years and I can tell you that neither is generally dysfunctional, only Democrats and Labor and neither of those voted for Trump.  However, if it takes dysfunctional people to become the richest nation on earth and the leading mega power in the world, maybe you really could help your country right now.

By the way, how long did you live in the States, to be able to make your conclusions?

In three years, Trump:

Defeated Isis

Biggest tax cuts ever.

Massive roll back of economy choking Obama regulations.

Most jobs created ever.

Lowest unemployment numbers since wwii

Highest GDP ever.

Got rid of the terrible Iran deal.

Negotiated the best trade deals ever.

Forced China to quit manipulating their currency and pay billions in tariffs.

In eight years Obama :    Nothing, zilch, nader !

Those dysfunctional people look pretty smart to me !

Correct Asp.  Three million new jobs created in the month of June !  That would be a wet dream to Biden.  By the way Davy, how have you managed to know what 'many' Americans think?  As I said,I've been here for 41 years and I know about 50 tops, not many out of three hundred million.

Don't worry about it Davy, just giving you are hard time for fun.   But I do get tired of the "Most people say.....",   "Everyone thinks differently than that.......,"    " The American people disagree........".    It's the basis of fake news, they don't know what I think or 'everyone' thinks, it's just lazy and incompetent reporting.

Trump is the first leader who really does think and speak like the common man in the pub.  He has made billions in real estate development, but he still made it out to every job site arguing and discussing with the electricians and plumbers, making sure he iwas getting value for money and that's how he runs the country.  That's why he got elected, cos he gets it and doesn't make decisions based on guaranteeing re election.  Look what he did when Boing tried to charge him four billion dollars for two new Airforce Ones, we're now getting them for two !  Considering the sophistication, that's a hell of a deal.

Obs made a great statement, " They have no choice."     I suppose that's true, I suppose we would be better off if we had to choose between Harold Wilson, Tony Blair, Cameron and Teresa May,  but we can only wish!

No joking, y'all better root for Trumps reelection, because if it doesn't happen, watch out, China and Russia will take over the world, they don't give  a rats ass about the rest of mankind and there will be no US strong enough to save y'alls asses.   

Take a look at the size of those two countries and then realize that the whole of the U.K. military can fit into Old Trafford.  Maybe the French will win the day !

". 

I'm with you Stall. And if Donald Trump doesn't win the next election he can shrug his shoulders, say "sorry losers, I tried my best" and disappear into the sunset to live out the rest of his life in luxury. While the rest of the world disappears into leftist hell. I'm glad I'm not young.

That's the one upside to this leftish support of anarchists.  I've been subconciously contemplating my mortality for some time - especially when the local mortuary had a 'fire sale' and my wife got me a great deal on my incineration !   The left sure do make dying a much more attractive proposition.

• Upvote 1

The liberal establishment never forgave him for getting elected, and have placed his every word and action under a microscope ever since. Unfortunately, his eccentric personality and gaffes, have helped to feed a hostile media.  Whilst his rather lame approach to the Corvid pandemic, has probably lost him support by frightened seniors; you have to wonder which politician in the World have successfully managed this problem in any case.  Where he can score, is by attacking this wave of Marxist agitation being displayed by BLM,  which his speech at MT Rushmore has started to do.   😷

Managing this covid crisis is a real balancing act for any political leader. Great to pay the workforce to stay at home & keep safe but a basket case economy could cause bigger problems in terms of supplying populations with the basic necessities to survive & could lead to widespread panic & social mayhem. The hard truth is that one day the economy must restart with or without the virus.

From the evidence to-date the biggest risk group are the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, with perhaps the addition of BAME groups.  Therefore, total isolation or lock down is essential from the beginning and include everyone bar essential workers, who in turn must be fully protected with PPE; they've now discovered that the reason it found it's way into Hospitals, then Nursing Homes, was because cleaners and carers weren't kited  out with PPE.  Then, as the virus is suppressed and the R factor reduces,  a piece meal relaxation of the lock down can begin, starting with the young and fit, by age cohorts; still observing social distancing and personal hygene.  During this phase, an effective track and trace system needs to be in place, to lock down hot spots.  Frankly I don't think it will be safe to stop shielding Seniors until a vaccine or anti-viral is ready, so if they want to live, they need to stay home. All this rush to open up tourism and the hospitality sector, will invite a relapse and further lock downs.  The stupidity of mass gatherings on beaches, in parks or on BLM demos will just mean that further spikes will occur, and the farce will go on and on.  Even with the best intentions, I predict a Summer of spread leading to a Winter of more deaths.   😷  💀

The sad fact is that if Mother Teresa had run as a Republican, the left and the media would still have tried to murder her.  This madness spiraled into a frenzy when Trump openly exposed them as the bigots that they are.  Then when he beat Clinton, who really should have been in jail, they exploded and gave up any pretense of fairness and now they just openly lie before the world.

I cannot understand why Trump is criticized for his handling of the pandemic.  It is a phenomena that has never been experienced to this degree before.  He shut down travel to and from China in January, at the first indication that it was a problem and travel to Europe soon after.  Moves which were rabidly denounced by the Democrats.  The fact that ppe etc were in short supply surely falls on previous administrations for not maintains stocks, if anyone can be blamed.  He mobilized Ford and GM into producing what was needed.  He assembled the people recognized as the experts and never once overruled their advice.   He provided Federal help to any State that needed it, including the viciously anti Trump States.  Today, hydrochloxechorine (?) has been officially credited with saving covid19 lives, yet he got mocked for it.  He had to change some decisions as more was learned about the virus, which is natural.  Per the Constitution, he is allowing all States automony in when to open.  What more could he have done.   All the Democrats have done is nit pick without offering one option, viable or otherwise.

As I have always said (to Obs chagrain!), the economy must always remain open or the result will be worse than the virus.  It also needs to be realized, that while their is a spike in infections, hospitalizations and deaths are down.  It's not caused by the economy opening, it's caused by demonstrators (?), rioters and beach parties. It can be solved by rigorously enforcing social distancing and masks at the beaches and shooting the rioters and looters !

My reply was to Dave's post, and not specifically aimed at Trump; I merely outlined how it should be done to minimise deaths;  I think only Greece and maybe some S/E Asian States have come anywhere near it; Sweden is now tops for deaths per capita in Europe with their herd immunity approach.  Alas, places like Greece, in a desperate attempt to restart their tourist economy, will now suffer a spike.  😷   💀