How did you meet your wife

Stallard12

I spent a year at Texaco, Port Arthur, Tx in 1976 as a recently divorced guy.  In a lunch discussion one day, the guys said "You should date Becky, she's a fun girl."   Becky was the Plant Managers secretary and was also recently divorced.  I didn't know her well, but I did know that she was a good Cajun catholic girl, very efficient and pretty, but didn't look like much fun, how wrong was I. I could go on and on, but I'll just say, we were married after three months and we've now been married for forty four years !

Why did I post this ?  Because just now she hauled me out of my recliner and made me bust a gut jitterbugging to a fast French Cajun one step on tape and it brought this to mind.  By the way, in 1957 I was the jive champion of the Baths and the Parr Hall and I still got it baby!

Just a bit of fun, but all true.

I actually met mine in the cemetery. People used to ask me where i had dug her up from.

It was the cemetery the pub on manchester road. Oddly enough it was a mate of mine who dated her because he did not like blonds much and as her mate was a blond so i  ended up with her mate for a few weeks. My mate then went off to some place or other with his family and the blond girl just seemed to fade out of the picture over a few months.

any how come 1978 we married and still are relatively happy.(until the relatives visit)

My mate lived round the corner so fairly regular in there. Used to call in for a few scoops before the match on sundays. slow stagger down to wilderspool and then off home for the ritual boiled egg sarnies.

She actually lived in Daresbury which was great when i was working at the lab as an apprentice. handy to nip over for a quick bite...nudge nudge wink wink say no more.🤫

I met Kathy in the original Britannia Pub on the corner of Scotland Rd and Buttermarket Street. Bert Bretherton was the landlord and it was a very popular meeting place for younger drinkers back in the 60's there and the Lion along with The Feathers. Bert retired from there and got a chippie on Padgate Lane.image.jpeg.39eea756ab8b8bbc7dcdbc489e0f3e28.jpeg

18 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

Isn't it involved in everything Asp ?  It's probably the basis of most posts on this forum, or am I being a tad too honest!  Congrats on the 26 years.  How many in all the other ports !

None that could be counted as more than casual 😇😉.