Latchford Locks

Pubs reopening...but

If as expected Boris opens up the pubs again what will the restrictions be?

What hours will they be open?

Are we to return to the chaos that was Bridge St after 11.30 at night and subject out frontline services to all the dangers and threats such a thing would inevitably bring?

Or will common sense prevail and hours be strictly 11.00-11.00 maximum permitted.

Has anybody in authority even considered this?

How to celebrate Christmas like they did in the 1800s: Get drunk

It has been said that no payment will be accepted over the bar and that drinks must be ordered via a mobile phone app also has the use of pub toilets been considered?, forget these jolly times!.

YV4D3nG.jpg

• Haha 1

I think i will not bother for a few weeks ,let the initial confusion & pandemonium die down. Beer at home is tasting just as good ,at a fraction of the price.

I don't know if anyone has had a good look round the pub scene(I haven't) but there seems to be precious little news on whether they are a success or failure I wonder how many drinkers are just watching how things go or are just to wary at the moment to venture inside.

I was a casual drinker in the last few years and so it didn't really disrupt my social life as it would have 10 years ago.

But my friends some of whom enjoyed a pint out during the week on a regular basis are all holding fire at the moment.

I don't want to see the demise of the British pub and would love a beer out with friends at a pub quiz but we all seem scared witless of this soddin plague 😧

Are we overreacting or not ?

Are we over-reacting? Well probably yes and no. The trend for England and the North West are bad but Warrington is holding out for now. 

The reason it is not on the old thread is shown in the graph. London has overtaken Warrington for the first time since mid-April.

(As usual the case counts are 7-day rolling averages for a population of the size of Warrington taken from the named locations, thereby making the counts on the Y axis comparable.)

image.png.8da828085536e4638a857e97f09dbf02.png

A scientific advisor to the government said, on the radio, that when we re-open the schools we should shut the pubs again as some sort of "trade off" (his words not mine) to balance out the risk. Have these people any more marbles they could possibly lose?