Why has Warrington got more infections per head than London?

Confused52

• 3 weeks later...

Whether the cases appear to be linked to pubs, young people playing, workplaces ….. you know, getting the case data from Test and Trace and applying the little grey cells of the people paid to do just that in the relevant team which is already there in the council. Then asking the affected group or their parents to modify behaviour. They haven't yet got the feet on the ground but they can found out who is affected and where.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:32 PM, Confused52 said:

Whether the cases appear to be linked to pubs, young people playing, workplaces ….. 

Is this the dreaded second wave or just a fluctuation in new infection rates .

I must say I'm not surprised at the rise given that pubs and clubs are now open again.

But does Boris panic and lock us all up again or take the local rises as unfortunate but expected consequence of relaxing the rules.

So just close the pubs - sorted.   The same will happen with schools,  instead of starting with a shift system to allow for internal spacing, they're going to pile them into full classes.  The WHO claims there is no second wave, just one continuing wave;  this will increase in size with every relaxation, and with the inclusion of seasonal flu this Winter,  will cause another NHS swamping panic.     😷

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Observer II said:

So just close the pubs - sorted.   The same will happen with schools,  instead of starting with a shift system to allow for internal spacing, they're going to pile them into full classes.  The WHO claims there is no second wave, just one continuing wave;  this will increase in size with every relaxation, and with the inclusion of seasonal flu this Winter,  will cause another NHS swamping panic.     😷

may have been a tongue in cheek comment.. 

but pubs should have been at the bottom of any relaxation list

Most of us are getting used to a drink at home these days far to much of a risk to go in a pub

And cinemas !!! blimey a real breeding ground for the virus.

So a pack of Fosters or bottle of Bells and a good movie on tv

And no exposure to covid(and a lot cheaper)

Speak for yourself Obs. I only go to a pub once a week but it's the only time I get to see a mate of mine. The pub we go to is well organised with hand sanitiser dispensers and table service. Tables and chairs are sanitised after every customer vacates them. I can see minimal risk in this arrangement, you get more exposure in a shop. If you want to lock yourself down feel free but leave me out of your version of hell thanks.

• Haha 1

Well we heard the council tell us to take care more care and it looks like we did. However, no word of an explanation of what was going on has emerged from the Town Hall, We are on the way back down from the local spike but it is not certain yet as the data for the last few days could be late and the curve could go back up. The last dipping part of each curve is possibly just Pillar 2 cases where the results are taking a few days to come back. Whilst Warrington may be at least flat the rest of the North West is not looking certain to have peaked. We could always blame large wedding receptions etc!

W

It seems that the local mini-peak is subsiding for now - so what happened at the end of July/start of August to cause this? Anyone hazard a guess?

When considering the graph we should remember that a count of 1 is not of the same significance today as it was at the end of March since Test and Trace means that tests are now being done on people with no symptoms whilst at the end of March it was only people bad enough to go to hospital who were were tested.

This is the the data including some, but probably not all, of the test results for swabs taken up to and including Friday. As usual the graph is actual positive tests per day(as a rolling 7 day average) in Warrington and the comparisons are for the same population elsewhere.

We now have a number of tests in seven days per hundred thousand population over 30 (7*9.5*100000/210014=31.7). This is above the enhance support level and at intervention level. 

13 hours ago, Observer II said:

Are there any testing stations in Warrington ?

i just googled it simpler and quicker than mithering nhs call centre staff.

Either Warrington or Halton depending where the mobile testing station is at the time.

Alternatively you could get a home testing kit sent to you.

On 9/6/2020 at 4:42 PM, Confused52 said:

image.png.9b62b7d5f0481f318e5e4ff1663f8e75.png

This is the the data including some, but probably not all, of the test results for swabs taken up to and including Friday. As usual the graph is actual positive tests per day(as a rolling 7 day average) in Warrington and the comparisons are for the same population elsewhere.

We now have a number of tests in seven days per hundred thousand population over 30 (7*9.5*100000/210014=31.7). This is above the enhance support level and at intervention level. 

I've been almost harassing the council to try and get more detail on these local spikes (the latest is worrying) and whether we are facing local intervention and lockdowns - but can't get a straight answer. The standard response each time is urging people to observe social distancing and wash hands.