Who should pay ?

Observer II

Yes Dave, but which man and woman ?  I only raise this, as forces of interest are already at work - one "think tank" is proposing the removal of the triple lock on pensions, thus making the elderly pay - that's if there are any left after this !    Those pensioners, generally savers, who've been robbed by low interest rates and quantative easing for the past decade or more.    😷

So the pensioners under 70 who are getting no protection whatever and if not in perfect health are going to be denied hospital treatment will be expected to pay for it all if they are lucky enough to survive. The offending think tank is the social market foundation I understand, with a policy board stuffed full of money grabbing lefties. The left never miss any excuse to try and steal the money of those who actually earned it do they?

• Upvote 1

In a way though ,this triple lock is a con anyway if you have a private pension that you have contributed to for security in retirement. Whenever my old age pension goes up the taxation on my nest egg rises accordingly to make any gift from the government negligible. We seem to have a system that gives us x amount in retirement & i think you will be very similar in pound notes whether you reach retirement age with a private pension or instead qualify for pension credits.

• Upvote 1