Petition -

Observer II

it is not the politicians who are fault but the IPSA who set the values of what can and cannot be called expenses.

Where it gets really laughable is what the expenses are actually for.

a new laptop, printers, extra heating costs,help toward the increased telephone bill.

Don't the government supply computers as a standard. ditto printers. all this sort of stuff should be already in place. if they want to keep warm put another jumper on like pensioners have to do rather turn the heating up. if they are on a monthly contract with their mobile, and it is a good bet that they are on a good tariff as well, then they will have so many minutes FREE calls and texts included in that.

If you factor in the fact of not having to travel to and from their second homes and there should be no difference in expense claims. In reality it should be less no matter how badly the moat needs cleaning.🤭

You have the comedian who pretends to be an MP, Jess Phillips, who, a few months ago, claimed that she couldn't afford a printer to use for her constituency business and had to use her mother's! Do these people have no shame? Sorry, stupid question 🙄.

Shame and politician are mutually exclusive.

I mean be honest,how much does a printer cost.

£30 for a wireless printer/scanner/photocopier one that would be more than adequate for a politicians need.

The ink on the other hand is expansive. for mine, an epson, if i buy the xl ink cartridges it will cost me about twice what i paid for the actual printer. ok so with my usage they last six months or more but still costly to replace.(in fact my printer even has it's own email address so that i can email stuff to it and it will print it out apparently)

What i don't get is why should they be allowed to buy their own stuff, surely the government could easily source a job lot of laptop and printers and supply those ditto the ink. when i worked for the gov that was the case. there was a pool of pc.s and printers that were dished out to whomever required one to do their job. That equipment then stayed with that person through their employment and as returned to the pool when they left and then dished out to their replacement or whomever was next on the list that needed one.

Most of the politicians use would be reading letters/reports or writing letters/reports. a top of the range computer is not needed for that. just a basic home model with capacity for word,excel,publisher and a PDF reader/creator.

My desktop has all this capability and it was made to order for me some years back for about £200 all in including the windows 7 and the full office suite.

Maybe i should get a job in the procurements office or something similar. i could save the gov a fortune

11 hours ago, asperity said:

You have the comedian who pretends to be an MP, Jess Phillips, who, a few months ago, claimed that she couldn't afford a printer to use for her constituency business and had to use her mother's! Do these people have no shame? Sorry, stupid question 🙄.

There are quite a few on the opposition benches who come across as noisy but empty vessels.

• Upvote 1