It's Here....

Bazj

Well they said it was a man and there lies the problem.

I think I can understand why names or photographs are withheld in police investigations but in the case of spreading a virus, wouldn't it make sense to identify the person so that anyone who knows them that may have been in contact would know?

Bill :)

I wouldn't have let anyone out of Italy in the first place... people were still flying out of Milan airport to destinations all over the world AFTER the area was supposed to have been under lockdown

They should have been kept in isolation for 2 weeks over there

A match in Madrid was played behind closed doors;  meanwhile 4,000 Spanish fans came to watch the Liverpool match.    Planes are flying empty throughout the EU, painting the skies with carbon, in order to keep their slots, as per EU rules.   Mass gatherings have not yet been banned in the UK.

Trump has banned all flights from Europe apparently.  Funny that he has not banned all flights TO Europe as well.

Basically what that means is that as an American you can fly to Europe on whatever business it is you are going on such as a holiday, BUT you cannot get a flight back, unless you travel to some country that is outside Europe and catch a connecting flight back to America, thus spreading any virus infection further afield.

See the health minister has caught the virus. doesn't bode well for the rest of us. Still maybe a trip to the house of lords could be arranged for her, get rid of some of the deadwood that hangs around there.

🤧🤧🤣

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Observer II said:

A match in Madrid was played behind closed doors;  meanwhile 4,000 Spanish fans came to watch the Liverpool match.    Planes are flying empty throughout the EU, painting the skies with carbon, in order to keep their slots, as per EU rules.   Mass gatherings have not yet been banned in the UK.

Planes don't emit carbon.

PSG played Dortmund in Paris last night behind closed doors - which didn't stop thousands of fans mixing outside the ground nevertheless.

The problem is Sid, that to the virus, the world is one big Shengan zone; and the horse has now bolted.  I visited the ICU over Xmas and all the beds were taken;  but according to reports from NHS managers,  with more ward space, ICUs can treble their bed numbers and more;  whether they can equip them with the necessary ventillators etc and trained staff, is another matter.  No doubt all other calls on the service, such as elective surgery, will need to be put back or cancelled; and hospitals and GPs surgeries should be avoided by anyone who suspects they have the virus.  Self isolation, even from family members within the home, is a must.  The problem is, that some infected people don't present with obvious symptoms but remain infectious, so social distancing (staying at least one metre apart, avoiding group or crowd activities) is vital.  Whilst attempting self isolation can be difficult, due to the need to shop for food and supplies, keeping a distance from others is essential to older folk.  As things get worse, complete isolation may be safer, which would require help from friends and neighbours, leaving your shopping on your door step, ordering deliveries on line etc.  Had to laugh at the PMs advice that oldies shouldn't book cruises;  given all the recent reports on cruise victims, is there anyone thick enough to venture anywhere near a cruise ship ?

Well I won't be from now on;  cruises have always been a bug fest. A few years back, I came back with novovirus and had to self isolate (before the term came into use) for over a week, with groceries being left at the door.  All travel presents a risk, and a change in our life styles may help to save the predicted environmental crisis too.

Looking at it from a different sort of view. A cruise ship is easy to put into isolation. just confine everybody to their cabins until the infection has run it's course. once the entire crew and passengers are given the all clear then let them off.

The problem comes when you get people complaining that they are "locked" in their cabins and want to get home whether they are infected or not.

Just visited the S/Market -  many of the meat shelves had been rifled by the panic buyers;  staff told me there is no problem with supplies to the shop, but they can't keep up if idiots panic buy.  So I asked why they had not brought in rationing at the pay desk, and they told me they'd had no such instruction from head office.  Well if the Premier League can act sensibly, I'm sure the retailers could; if not, then the Gov should order rationing imo.  As for behaviour,  there would not be a problem if folk kept their distance (1 metre) in queues, but it seems folk are generally too thick to grasp the practise.  This just leaves manhandled articles such as post, cards, money, door handles etc to avoid, but that seems impossible - so we're left with hand washing.  On the broader front of community mobilisation; whilst local street initiatives by volunteers are being organised to help the elderly;  one wonders what the Local Authority can do to help.  They have the electoral register, so should be able to identify single households  and any support they may require, and support street support groups.   

I can't believe that people are advocating that shops ration their goods!! And anyway the panic buyers are so focussed on getting what they want they would most probably go from supermarket to supermarket buying as much as they are allowed from each one until they run out of storage space at home.