Sign in to follow this  
Observer II

Pritti pathetic -

Seems we have a high number of snowflakes in the civil service, when they complain of being bullied by a pint sized female.  The baton now being taken up by the opposition in Parliament, no doubt for partisan reasons to claim a Minister's scalp. One has to wonder, with coronavirus, floods and the Brexit negotiations; that these MPs had more important things to worry about. Still, I suppose they prefer ignoring the fundementals while they concentrate on the petty or Pritti in this case.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, Observer II said:

Seems we have a high number of snowflakes in the civil service, when they complain of being bullied by a pint sized female.  The baton now being taken up by the opposition in Parliament, no doubt for partisan reasons to claim a Minister's scalp. One has to wonder, with coronavirus, floods and the Brexit negotiations; that these MPs had more important things to worry about. Still, I suppose they prefer ignoring the fundementals while they concentrate on the petty or Pritti in this case.

Why is OK for females to be bullies, if it was a man I am sure there would be far more uproar and demands for resignation much greater, maybe even court cases?

It's  not OK, but I think we need to get a sense of perspective - this woman is possible less than 5ft or pint sized at least, dealing with allegedly grown men; so I think she's not exactly knocking them about is she ?   So what's next - oh, she shouts at them, not exactly new in a command hierarchy either - so where's the "bullying" ?   Having worked in rank structured environments, those of lower rank have to take and accept orders, even if they don't like the person giving the orders or the orders themselves. Simply put, these civil servants have to man up and accept that they may advise, but ultimately have to take and effect the decisions taken by the elected politicians.  If they don't like it, they're in the wrong job.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

It's  not OK, but I think we need to get a sense of perspective - this woman is possible less than 5ft or pint sized at least, dealing with allegedly grown men; so I think she's not exactly knocking them about is she ?   So what's next - oh, she shouts at them, not exactly new in a command hierarchy either - so where's the "bullying" ?   Having worked in rank structured environments, those of lower rank have to take and accept orders, even if they don't like the person giving the orders or the orders themselves. Simply put, these civil servants have to man up and accept that they may advise, but ultimately have to take and effect the decisions taken by the elected politicians.  If they don't like it, they're in the wrong job.

I agree, but don't get why her gender or size has anything to do with it?

I can't tell were the bullying is as I have no knowledge of what went on but there is a difference between being an authoritative boss and harassing these who work for you.

Well in the past, bullying would be described as actual or threatened physical force - not a possibilty from a pint sized woman.  No, the problem is imo, we now have snowflakes posing as men or disloyal civil servants attempting to undermine a politician by mere allegation.   Ms Patel has an electoral mandate for her position on immigration; and any defiance by civil servants, isn't just insubordination to her, but defiance of the electorate. Not that we should be surprised, as the majority of civil servants were Remainers and have undermined the Referendum decision for the past four years.