Corona Virus

Gary

It's almost as if our medical experts are fumbling around in the dark isn't it Con?

In other news Kier Stammer is demanding to know from the PM why many old people are dying in old people's homes, from a virus that is proving to be a killer of old people. Ian Blackford of the SNP is demanding to know from the PM why London buses are full of people travelling by bus in London. The last time I looked London isn't in Scotland, and the PM isn't in charge of London Transport, otherwise a fair question.

So now it gets dafter -  the Education Secretary says that kids will be allowed back to school and any "showing symptoms can be tested".   What if they are asymtomatic and show no symptoms, what happens if they catch it after being tested ?   Meanwhile,  the advice on not using public transport seems to have failed already with busses and the tube packed.  It's not just HMG, seems the EU is claiming tourists can return to Europe by the end of Summer, presumably carrying the virus with them to places like Greece, which are relatively clear at the moment.  😷

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

US statics. :   70% of all deaths have occurred in aged nursing homes or aged care / retirement homes.    100% of all deaths have all had pre existing serious medical conditions such as heart, lung, kidneys, diabetes etc.  In fact, it is widely thought that some of the deaths were from those problems, but it is easier for the authorities to tag it covid19 .

From my doctor :  in his practice and those of his friends, the results from covid19 are :  In normally healthy patients up to 50 the range is, sniffles up to a heavy cold.   In patients over 50 the range is slight flu up to heavy flu that results in a couple of days in bed and a course of antibiotics.

Headlines reporting 'cases' are close to fake news, they should be reporting deaths, giving age and circumstances.  If they report covid19 cases, the should also report gout, measles, mumps and back pain cases !  At the 'case' stage, covid19 is no more news worthy than those.

Make snide smartass remarks and you get assasinated.     I have been tested.  I developed a bad cold, snot, sore throats and sneezing.  After three days I called for and got a test appointment.  I was swabbed at a local hospital and told that it would be four days before a result.  In the meantime I was I was told to go home, stay isolated and they gave me a prescription for antibiotics, which I was to start immediately.  I called my doctor and told him what had happened and he confirmed that I should begin the antibiotics right away.  So, unless you have far supererior medical qualifications, I would guess that you are wrong.  The test turned out negative, it really was a cold.

23 hours ago, Observer II said:

Antibiotics are useless against a virus, perhaps you could try the Dettol ? !    :rolleyes:   😷

They are indeed ineffective against the virus itself but the effect of the virus is often to make conditions such that other diseases such as pneumonia can take hold , and antibiotics can be effective against those things which could otherwise still kill you! 

7 minutes ago, Observer II said:

- which is all I said.      😷

Frankly no you didn't. "Antibiotics are useless against a virus" - as I  explained they are not useless even if they don't attack the virus directly.

Then there was "perhaps you could try the Dettol ? !"  a reference to the usual anti-trump propaganda that deliberately manipulated the video of a White House Press Conference to embarrass Trump. So you really didn't only say it wasn't effective against the virus itself at all. No need to reply, I've done wasting my breath!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...