Just a passing thought..

...But after the chaos that corona virus is causing,and in all honesty the mortality rates have up until now been low.

The world seems to be in a panic mode and is seemingly caught a bit unawares as to what to do effectively to help the populations caught up in it or indeed even feed them, as was noticed in Italy and South Korea where supermarket shelves were stripped bare and those who missed out ..well I have no idea how they fared as other shops seemed closed.

Now my passing thought is......

If ever the world of the 1960's - 80's  had actually had slipped into a nuclear war what did our governments have in their book of "What The Hell To Do" ? I assume very little,

in fact for that matter if the unthinkable happened in the future I assume the same goes... organised total confusion at the best.

I just pray that if ever the balloon goes up I will be underneath the first missile to land.

• Upvote 1

Seems that all hospitals now have a corona virus pod for people who might be infected.

For the warrington pod you have to go INTO the MAIN entrance to find out where the pod is located.

27 minutes ago, Latchford Locks said:
  •  

If ever the world of the 1960's - 80's  had actually had slipped into a nuclear war what did our governments have in their book of "What The Hell To Do"

"bend over and assume the appropriate kissing position." comes to mind.......🤣

• Haha 3

My wife’s in panic mode right now having just shelled out a small fortune to take the family and grand kids to Disney World in Florida. The holiday is booked for April and she’s worried that if the situation gets bad here, the US could end up restricting travel from the UK. Plus, if it gets bad over there, places like Disney might well end up being closed as well.  

Bill :(

• Just to try and put this corona virus in perspective amid the mass coverage being given, nobody says for example.........
  • In 2018, there were 1,784 people killed on the roads in Britain;
  • In 2018, 25,511 people were seriously injured on the roads in Britain;
  • Which equates to 5 deaths per day.
  • So do we stop driving ?

No we don't Latch - but the difference is; that in the case of a pandemic  the potential for millions of deaths exists.  The 1918 flu pandemic killed 50 million people.  Now whilst this new virus doesn't appear lethal to the young and healthy; it clearly has a high rate of spread, possibly prior to people showing symptoms. If the virus mutates and becomes more lethal it will be too late for complacency.

It does seem a bit extreme when you look at the current numbers but if we did nothing it could end up being bad. Some say it’s just like a mild version of the flu which makes us feel it’s not that bad but while people can die of the flu, I think with this one, it’s about one in a hundred infected people that end up dying. Do the sums, if it spreads as easy as flu and if only 10% of the population caught it, it would kill 80 thousand people in the UK each year. That’s a lot for something that we can hopefully prevent.

Bill  :)