Ex-Labour Cllr accused of harassing former Warrington North MP Helen Jones

Gary

'Billywires' was called out several times on the Guardian forum as somebody with an unhealthy obsession with Helen Jones who might find himself subject to some sort of intervention. This would explain why he no longer posts there or here. This report may make it look mild but the kicker was always his worrying paranoia about who might be Helen Jones or in her team, as can be seen by the posts Gary has clipped under the story. It was unhinged and relentless. 

I disagree with Bill about the scariness. Helen Jones had every right to be worried that some nut was dangerously obsessed with her. It's one thing having a bee in your bonnet, another making literally everything about an individual, saying you know where they've been in public and displaying a range of paranoid delusions about everybody else being part of a conspiracy against you involving that individual.       

• Like 1

I never can understand why people post as an alias - surely if you have a view you state it, with evidence and stand up for it?
Having said that I bet we'd be surprised just how many people we know who do hide behind an alias on here.
Will they also be outed as time goes by?
A lot of damage has been done to local people, especially female councillors by uncaring people.
These trolls just wouldn't say what they write to people's faces - would they - no they'd rather hide behind their PC keyboard.

I remember saying so much in my MSc thesis in 2011 about the time that Billywires arrived on this Forum - obviously he didn't know how the temper what he was saying and implying and the anonymity that enabled him to cover up his real id gave him the impression he could go further and become a troll out of control. A Troll addiction so to speak.

I see that one of Dizzy's post was mentioned in one of Gary's missives.😍 - she's allegedly not a troll :ph34r: but a Good Fairy in a Stockton Heath Glenn  🎄🌼

On 2/8/2020 at 12:08 PM, Geoffrey Settle said:

I never can understand why people post as an alias - surely if you have a view you state it, with evidence and stand up for it?
Having said that I bet we'd be surprised just how many people we know who do hide behind an alias on here.
Will they also be outed as time goes by?
A lot of damage has been done to local people, especially female councillors by uncaring people.
These trolls just wouldn't say what they write to people's faces - would they - no they'd rather hide behind their PC keyboard.

People can have lots of reasons for remaining anonymous Geoff, only some of which are malicious. You and I have communicated under my real name and I have no problem doing so in direct interactions. I just don't want to do so on a public forum.  

Talking of this though, how often do we see the council hiding behind an anonymous 'spokesperson' whenever anything controversial happens or on an issue which has the potential to cause an individual a problem? You'll find councilors and senior officers queuing up to be associated with good things, yet the moment anything goes wrong or needs somebody to be held accountable, suddenly  the only person available is 'a spokesman'.

Here's a perfect example from the other day. https://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2020/02/04/progress-being-made-on-refurbishing-swing-bridges/

Then you have the council's propensity to blame people who have died or retired. Did nobody at the council really notice about the payments for Hatters Row for 30 years until somebody was in the ground? 

Do you object to all of that? Especially from people who are on six figure salaries precisely because being accountable is what they are supposedly paid so much for.  And one person in particular. Naming no names obv :) but you know who I mean. He suddenly found out about Hatters Row when the person he claims is responsible had recently died? Do me a favour. Let's call this person at the council Simon Brushhead to protect his anonymity. He's been at the council at various times for a quarter of a century. And he never knew about this until a former employee was dead?

Edit: How could I forget the anonymous Labour councillor who suggested to Chris Vobe that ‘the Labour Party would be better off if you found a packet of razor blades and did away with yourself’?