WASPI Women

Milky

I agree with you Milky it's wrong.  Infact now retirement age has gone even higher I think everyone currently over 55 should get compensation. 

I've just checked my state pension retirement age on hmrcs website and I won't get mine until I'm 67...the same age as Mr Dizzy.... and it says changes are in the pipeline and both might go up.

Gawd I wish I'd not looked now 

I seem to remember a woman taking the government  to court to fight for the right to be able to work till 65 ,the same as the men. All this upheaval over women's pensions has seemed to come from that time.

Perhaps she was a stooge of the government of the day to enable it to save millions by changing the law.

14 hours ago, Dizzy said:

And I just checked when we are both entitled to our free bus passes. 

Age 67 for that too.  

I might move to Wales or Scotland as you still get them when you are 60 there! 

State retirement age is set to increase to 68 by 2037, which will make it one of the highest retirement ages in Europe although Denmark is planing to raise it retirement age to 72 by 2035.

Norway and Iceland already have a retirement age of 67.

Most western countries are planing on a retirement age of 67 although Poland has a retirement age of 60 for women and 65 for men.

Russia is 55 for women and 60 for men, although that is to increase by 5 years in the next eight years. Ukraine has a retirement age of 58 and 60 and is planing to increase this by two years.

In China the retirement age for men is 60 and for women 50!

One of the main problems with providing pensions is that there are too many other benefits being paid out from the Community Chest. Apart from disability payments & whatever payment takes care of the unemployed these days, we have Tax Credits to encourage people to work part time in order to get them off the dole figures to make our economy look more prosperous than it is. The benefits system is over subscribed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Jeff Taylor on Youtube:  seems Steptoe's  uncosted promise of compensation for the WASPI women;  would be illegal under EU law.   It contavenes an EU directive from 1978, which sought to bring equal rights to the age of retirement age for men&women.   So yet another porkie from Jeremy, and a reminder of why we should leave the EU..

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

Just watched Jeff Taylor on Youtube:  seems Steptoe's  uncosted promise of compensation for the WASPI women;  would be illegal under EU law.   It contavenes an EU directive from 1978, which sought to bring equal rights to the age of retirement age for men&women.   So yet another porkie from Jeremy, and a reminder of why we should leave the EU..

This just about covers all of Liebours "promises to the electorate". Impossible lies in the hope that the great unwashed* will swallow it again.

*this is how the Labour Party views it's voter base. It hasn't been the party of the working man/woman for decades.