New stage of Stupidity has been Reached

This is part of an article on BBC news site today 

""Patients will stand up at their GP surgery appointments as part of a university research trial.

Doctors will stand at desks and wear trackers to monitor activity as part of the Loughborough University study.

The idea is to shorten consultations and see GPs act as "role models" to be more active.

Standing appointments would be for adults only, and exceptions would be made for pregnant women, elderly and disabled patients.

Those being given bad news would also be exempt.""

At first I kept looking for the punchline and to fall about laughing at a bit of harmless fun..

Then lo and behold I realised it was a serious article...

What puzzles me at my doctor's is that i can have an appointment,probably 2 weeks into the future, but still finish up waiting in a queue. A few years ago , i could turn up at the doctor's with no appointment with probably forty people in front of me & still be seen within a couple of hours.

• Upvote 1

You can book them online now. Even shows you what appointments are available and with witch which doctor and whether they are male or female. (not sure if there are any alternative gender docs yet but who knows what the future will bring)...🤔

That reminds me, must sort out my flu jab now that i have got rid of this bout of flu.🤭

22 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

You can book them online now. Even shows you what appointments are available and with witch which doctor and whether they are male or female. (not sure if there are any alternative gender docs yet but who knows what the future will bring)...🤔

That reminds me, must sort out my flu jab now that i have got rid of this bout of flu.🤭

Yes my surgery has that option....

Problem is there are never any available appointments on the site. 😕

No it's the healthy lifestyle we all lead here in Paddington.

I passed my annual MOT a couple of weeks back and got an instant flu jab thrown in for good measure.

""Had your flu jab yet?"  "No" Ouch. That was quick!" 

"That's how we don't keep people waiting"

Bill :)