Extinction Rebellion.

asperity

Scientist predict the world will end by:-

1.sun exploding

2. acid rain killing off all the trees.

3.Global thermonuclear war.

4.Mutated flu virus or other plague.

5.Strike by a giant meteor causing an eternal winter.

6.Gradual heating of the atmosphere.

7.plague of zombies?

8.Climate change (this has potential)

Seems a bunch of our celebs have written an open letter in support of XR,  and admitting that they're hypocrites for their high carbon celeb lifestyles. Geldorf, Commerbach and even Ray Winston;  all asking to be excused their carbon footprints for the greater good.   Seems the rich want the rest of us to give up our cars, central-heating, and holiday flights; while they carry on doing what they've always done.   As for XR,  one was filmed trying to smash a glass door, while the Police appeared to be looking on - time they were arrested and locked up for a long time; they are no more than a modern religious cult, with a puritanical disregard for any view but their own.

• Upvote 1

Apparently, matters are getting fraught , angry commuters dragging anarchists from underground train roofs because they want to get to work etc.

Perhaps these nerds should head off to the sub continent where they can travel on the roofs of rail carriages all day long.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Presumably the Judge based his ruling on his interpretation of the law. In which case we  should blame the legislature (MPs), who've failed to agree anything for three years, let alone legal revisions within this area. . So if law and order is an issue at this election; perhaps the antics of these middle class hypocrites,  causing social and economic disruption, and costs to the tax-payer, should be an issue ?

Well if the police are not allowed to arrest them maybe the fire brigade should hold a few practice sessions in the area of the protest.

I am sure that after a half hour or so of cold water being sprayed over them they might be less inclined to protest, especially this weather. No need to use high pressure hoses just those  mist type ones that they use as a shield to keep the heat from the operators.

If they need a precedent then they only have to look to ireland where water canons were used to disperse riots protests.

I do wonder if they realise that the disruption that they cause probably produces more pollution due to standing traffic than they are trying to protest against.

11 hours ago, Observer II said:

Presumably the Judge based his ruling on his interpretation of the law. In which case we  should blame the legislature (MPs), who've failed to agree anything for three years, let alone legal revisions within this area. . So if law and order is an issue at this election; perhaps the antics of these middle class hypocrites,  causing social and economic disruption, and costs to the tax-payer, should be an issue ?

My reading of the judgement was that the order by the police was badly drafted. However if they had not arrested anyone simply for breaching it there would have been no consequences of note. They needed to make the statement in the order much longer and adhered to the statute. I have a nasty feeling that they didn't because it would not have fitted in a tweet, which they wanted to get out to the revolting specimens.

Thinking about the term extinction rebellion i have to wonder if they have really thought through their name. I mean are they rebelling for extinction or are they rebelling against it. Very misleading i feel.

do they not realise that life is like a scifi disaster B movie. everybody dies in the end.

• Upvote 1

A couple of days ago there was an article on BBC news about deep sea mining to keep up with the need for cobalt to be used in batteries for electric vehicles. Their main concern that needs to be addressed is the sand & other sea bed debris that will be disturbed during mining which will not be any good for all marine life.

But at least the eco friendly cars will be able to function.

Maybe instead of arresting these protesters they should round them up ship them to an island with no amenities and see how long they can stick it out. no phone no electric, no gas fires, no shops,no shelter. Just what they are wearing for clothing at the time. Wonder how long they would last, how many of the trees would be chopped down for shelter or for heating and cooking.

Be an interesting experiment.

• Upvote 1