Just musing

Stallard12

A couple of years ago I read a story on this site, about a great, entrpeneurial couple who were taking over various establishments around town, including the Ram's Head in Grappenhall.  About a year ago, my wife and I paid a lunchtime visit to Grappenhall village at about one forty five pm  and because the Ram used to be my local, we decided to eat there.  We parked, entered the Ram's Head and enquired about lunch and were told, " We close at 2:00 , sorry."   We asked about alternatives and the stylish  employee said, down his nose, " You could try the Parr Arms".  In my day, the Ram was the middle class pub and the Parr Arms was the pits.  However, we did dine at the Parr Arms and it was great, wonderful staff, atmosphere and food - had a great grated cheese and chutney bun.    What happened?

Gary, you better research your front page personnel before you endorse them.  Take it from here Algy.

14 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

A couple of years ago I read a story on this site, about a great, entrpeneurial couple who were taking over various establishments around town, including the Ram's Head in Grappenhall.  About a year ago, my wife and I paid a lunchtime visit to Grappenhall village at about one forty five pm  and because the Ram used to be my local, we decided to eat there.  We parked, entered the Ram's Head and enquired about lunch and were told, " We close at 2:00 , sorry."   We asked about alternatives and the stylish  employee said, down his nose, " You could try the Parr Arms".  In my day, the Ram was the middle class pub and the Parr Arms was the pits.  However, we did dine at the Parr Arms and it was great, wonderful staff, atmosphere and food - had a great grated cheese and chutney bun.    What happened?

Gary, you better research your front page personnel before you endorse them.  Take it from here Algy.

The Rams Head changed hands last year following a fall out between the brewery and the tenants (It happens a lot these days unfortunately!) It has been through a couple of temporary tenants and is currently going through some changes. I haven't visited for a while so can't really comment any further.

Just joshin' you Gary.   I should have mentioned in my post that I had heard that it had closed.  My point was that, considering the condescension and disdain we received, I thought it was no wonder.  I also knew that it used to be Algy's local, I wondered what he thought.  However, from what you say, there may be other factors.

16 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

Just joshin' you Gary.   I should have mentioned in my post that I had heard that it had closed.  My point was that, considering the condescension and disdain we received, I thought it was no wonder.  I also knew that it used to be Algy's local, I wondered what he thought.  However, from what you say, there may be other factors.

Hard to know on a forum when someone is just Joshin' ;)