Protests ?

Observer II

I suppose every generation has to have something to protest about, to give some meaning to their existence.  Throughout history social advances have been made by protest and such battles as the Peterloo Massacre are now recognised as milestones in the journey towards civilisation and justice.  However, we seem to be running out of serious social defects requiring such protest and now have millenials scratching their heads as to what to protest about.  OK the anti-fracking and even the enviromental lobby may have a cause, which isn't particularly helped by the disruption they cause;  but the search for causes seems to becoming more absurd.  The latest occured in Brighton (where else!); where "Animal Rights" activists are seeking a Bill of Rights for Animals !   Following efforts to reduce the voting age to brainwashed sixteen year old's,  I guess it follows that means we can expect our pets to join the electorate too. Such rights would logically include the right not to be slaughtered for meat to be eaten by humans,  and until they move on to a Bill of Rights for plants, will consign us all to veganism.   But my question is;  who are these "protesters";  where do they work; to have so much time on their hands to think up these bizarre causes and disrupt everyone else with their antics ?   The latest "ism" being spouted by these cranks, is "speciesism"; which is now competing with racism and sexism, as a put down and shut up label by these lefty lib anarchists.    

• Upvote 1

If they are on jobseekers allowance then they will soon lose it. If they are at a protest they cannot be looking for a job so are not entitled to claim jobseekers allowance.

I do have to wonder how they get to and from these protest locations. Won't be by cycle or shanks pony i bet.

Police should just pen them in one location for 48 hours or so under the elements, no food or water, no toilet facilities. after which they should be given the option of cleaning up or a £500 fine for littering.

• Upvote 2

On 10/1/2019 at 2:48 PM, Observer II said:

I suppose every generation has to have something to protest about, to give some meaning to their existence.  Throughout history social advances have been made by protest and such battles as the Peterloo Massacre are now recognised as milestones in the journey towards civilisation and justice.  However, we seem to be running out of serious social defects requiring such protest and now have millenials scratching their heads as to what to protest about.  OK the anti-fracking and even the enviromental lobby may have a cause, which isn't particularly helped by the disruption they cause;  but the search for causes seems to becoming more absurd.  The latest occured in Brighton (where else!); where "Animal Rights" activists are seeking a Bill of Rights for Animals !   Following efforts to reduce the voting age to brainwashed sixteen year old's,  I guess it follows that means we can expect our pets to join the electorate too. Such rights would logically include the right not to be slaughtered for meat to be eaten by humans,  and until they move on to a Bill of Rights for plants, will consign us all to veganism.   But my question is;  who are these "protesters";  where do they work; to have so much time on their hands to think up these bizarre causes and disrupt everyone else with their antics ?   The latest "ism" being spouted by these cranks, is "speciesism"; which is now competing with racism and sexism, as a put down and shut up label by these lefty lib anarchists.    

2 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

There have always been people with to much time on their hands ......

If they cared that much about their fellow man why not do voluntary work in Hospices or Care Homes etc etc

Oh..

They wouldn't be on television then... so where is the fun in that !!!!!

Image result for Hug a Tree protesters  UK images

• 2 months later...

Y'alls situation could be entirely different, but this is how it works here.   Left wing / anarchist billionaires like George Soros, fund all of the protests.  The professional protesters ( layabouts and druggies) are shipped in on buses, which are parked at remote locations. They are paid in cash by the billionaires employees, $100 each for around 2000 protesters.   These people are then used as the sugar to attract the simple minded flys.  Numerous documentaries have exposed this structured business.  

• Upvote 1

They are just small minded and bored time wasters hungry for a bit of coverage on tv or the press.

If it wasn't for our patience with these nuisances they would have been hauled up before the magistrates and fined for wasting police time who have the onerous task of humouring them whilst trying to keep order on our streets....

image.jpeg.89aec1fdb4c0c53de269af94bf3cf4b8.jpeg..

• Upvote 1