Remain.... Leave, Don't care anymore!

Gary

Brexit - Leave ... Remain, or don't care any more?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. BREXIT - Leave, Remain or don't care?

• LEAVE
    • REMAIN
    • DON'T CARE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2019 at 12:00 AM

To be honest Gary this is all very pointless. We had the referendum over 3 years ago, and having these mini polls tells us absolutely nothing. The vast majority of people just want the decision reached in that referendum to be complied with. So I'm not going to play this little game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/28/2019 at 10:09 PM, asperity said:

To be honest Gary this is all very pointless. We had the referendum over 3 years ago, and having these mini polls tells us absolutely nothing. The vast majority of people just want the decision reached in that referendum to be complied with. So I'm not going to play this little game.

The poll we ran on facebook engaged 150k people with 37k voting - and guess what 56 per cent want to Remain now.  The fact our elected politicians have let everyone down surely now means they all need booting out and fresh elections taking place and then giving us all a straight choice which they must then carry out, in or out! It is becoming increasingly clear that there is no way this mess can be sorted out in the current set up.

1 hour ago, Gary said:

The poll we ran on facebook engaged 150k people with 37k voting - and guess what 56 per cent want to Remain now.  The fact our elected politicians have let everyone down surely now means they all need booting out and fresh elections taking place and then giving us all a straight choice which they must then carry out, in or out! It is becoming increasingly clear that there is no way this mess can be sorted out in the current set up.

You must surely be aware that not everyone has a Farcebook account and, by the same token some may have multiple accounts and hence multiple votes. And your 37k votes don't represent even 17% of the Warrington population let alone the country.

If we're talking polls, the latest suggest a 60-40 split in favour of leave, as many Remain voters are so disgusted with anti-democratic antics of Parliament and their crippling inertia, they just want a conclusion IE out.   All the antics of a Remoaner Parliament can't disguise the fact that they never wanted to leave from the go and have done everything to sabotage any prospect of a good deal. Likewise the EU,  in the knowledge that they had a fifth column in Parliament and with a desire to make any deal a punitive one,  they have played hard ball throughout.  Now we have a PM (who says he's) determined to leave by the 31st Oct and will seek a new deal, even though there isn't one from the EU on the table.   So the only recourse to end this saga, is a no deal exit.   Yes, there will be some short term disruption,  but we'll survive; and the economic pragmatism of the EU will kick in to ensure exports of cars from Germany, wine from France, Proseco from Italy, vegetables from Holland, and agri products from Ireland and Spain; continue to access the UK.  If their is any doubt as to the mood of the people, it's simple - just test it with a G.Election; alas, the Labour Party know they'll be crushed, hence their current position.

Irrespective of leave or remain, when it comes to a general election Labour could stick red rosettes on a field of cabbages & dyed in the wool  Labour supporters would vote them into  Parliament . We could finish up with Jezza by the back door route into No 10.

Not anymore Dave, the old tribal loyalties have largely gone - just two tribes now - Leave and Remain.   The Labour Party has been stolen from it's traditional working class support by  the Islington metropolitan middle class PC elite, who now talk a different language from the Plebs outside the M25.   That isn't to say that Labour Leave voters could ever vote Tory, but they will vote for the Brexit Party; that's why it's imperitive that Nigel and Boris have an election pact. The only advantage that Labour retain is their massive data base and an abilty to utilise PV to their advantage.  As for the other side,   most Remoaners will vote Lib un-Dem, as Labour have been all over the place with their message, to the point where their rep on QT got laughed at by the audience.  

On 9/30/2019 at 8:15 PM, asperity said:

You must surely be aware that not everyone has a Farcebook account and, by the same token some may have multiple accounts and hence multiple votes. And your 37k votes don't represent even 17% of the Warrington population let alone the country.

It is based on cookies on their computer not how many accounts they have - i have multiple accounts with pages and groups put tested it and could only vote once. It has been shared widely by remain and brexit groups to engage with their supporters so in my opinion gives a fairly good indicator of how the country is feeling. Any way I am sure Boris will have it all sorted for you by Friday 😂

Well the scots have been dealt a blow by the courts, the latest attempt to block a no deal  brexit by making it unlawful for boris to have a no deal brexit. has been turned down by the judges.

Think the scots are worried that they may have to pay for their prescriptions again.

1 hour ago, Gary said:

It is based on cookies on their computer not how many accounts they have - i have multiple accounts with pages and groups put tested it and could only vote once. It has been shared widely by remain and brexit groups to engage with their supporters so in my opinion gives a fairly good indicator of how the country is feeling. Any way I am sure Boris will have it all sorted for you by Friday 😂

I'm not convinced Gary, as I said not everyone has a Facebook account and even those that do don't necessarily engage in polls of this sort. The only vote that matters is a properly organised, by the Government, national poll. Let's call it a "referendum" and hold it, I don't know - how does Thursday 23rd June 2016 sound to you? Then we'll see how "the country is feeling"! 😏.

• Haha 1

A poll is only valid if it's based on a truly representative sample and with the greatest respect to all posters, that's something you won't find here.

The "Boaty Mc Boatface" episode clearly demonstrated the futility of using the wrong medium to obtain a valid outcome.

Bill :)  

• Gary unpinned this topic