Blacking up !

Observer II

Seems the snowflakes are up in arms over their progressive icon, Justin Trudau  blacking up for a fancy dress party, 20 years ago;  and a complicit media has just added to the hysteria - claiming it to be "racist".  So I guess the BBC will have to apologise for the Black and White Minstrels Show;  numerous film makers will have to apologise for white actors playing historical African or Asian parts etc.   Perhaps we should all cut out our holidays in the sun, just in case we get too brown.    

• Upvote 1

Strangely enough ,there was  a cookery reality programme on earlier  today , two of the contestants appeared to be gentlemen dressed as ladies . My problem is this.....should i be more outraged at a couple of trannies or because the other contestants weren't also cross dressing to fit in with the attitude of the other "laydeez  " ?

As for blacked up faces, surely it is no more offensive than theatre over the ages using stage make on its different characters to enhance a story.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, asperity said:

The problem is that there are cohorts of people watching the world's media just waiting for an opportunity to express their "outrage" and thus become the centre of a media storm (or damp squid). They should be ignored.

They are only looking for a reaction.

Ignore them and they are lost.

A bit like a naughty child...

Add Robert Newton for playing long John Silver. "give this black spot to blind Pugh argh".... Raymond Burr in ironside to name but two more.

See now that they have added a couple of more letters to the alternative sexuality list. it now reads LGBTQA or LGBTQ+ . The Q standing for Queer so is it ok now to call someone queer as it is no longer a derogatory term?......🤔

I remember when the only options on an online gender selection was Male or female.Now it takes up half the screen.

Same with the nationality on forms that takes up the best part of an A4 page to tick one box

Maybe this simplified version could be used "Are you human Yes/no" even that would have to be then followed by "are you dead knock once for yes twice for no three times if you are not sure" 👻