Flu jabs -

Vaccination against the flu, as I understand it, only works if the strain of flu is identified. And we aren't actually in a flu pandemic situation at the moment as far as I know. Anyhow, having had a bad reaction the last time I had a flu jab, never again! I'd rather spend a few days in bed drinking rum-based remedies than a fortnight in bed thinking I'm dying 🤮. If there's flu about avoid other people, and if you have to go out wear a mask and gloves, and use anti-bacterial hand cleaners. Oh, and most importantly, avoid hospitals and doctors waiting rooms!

Only ever had one bad reaction to the flu jabs in ten years and that lasted for about four days, two of which spent in bed wondering why the room seemed to be changing shape and admiring the little flashing lights in front of my eyes.

If there is flu about then unless you do not leave the house at all until it has run it's course then you will at some point be exposed to it. hospitals, doctors waiting rooms, pubs, shops, busses even the packaging your food comes in can carry the infection if it has come into contact with somebody within twenty four hours of them having the flu. (so even on-line shopping can expose you to flu especially if your delivery man has got it)

The only way to avoid it is a complete isolation suit. :roll:

1 hour ago, Stallard12 said:

My wife, me and all of my friends and family have had annual flu shots for the last fifteen years at least and this is the first I have ever heard of a bad reaction.  Never had the flu either.

Cos I'm no longer a teenager, had the pneumonia shot last week too.

Spot on.

I've been having flu jabs for 10 years.

Never a problem,plus the one off pneumonia shot a couple of years ago.

I have a circle of approx 20 friends who also have the jab,never heard of them complaining either and believe me they enjoy a good moan 😆

Hasn't the nasal spray flu vaccine been available for kids for a few years already.  I know my little niece had it a few years back when she was only about 5 or 6.

As for the Muslim community refusing to let their kids have it as it's not considered 'Hilal' then that's their choice as parents.  We all have choices and our son didn't have his MMR jab until he was about 18...my choice although probably many wont agree with me there.

As long as all the other kids have their flu spray it I guess they wont catch flu off any whos parents have chosen not to have their own kids or themselves immunised if they get it. 

I've never had a flu jab as it's never been offered to me. Maybe I should though considering I work with members of the public and handle their dribbled on money all the time not to mention some coughing and sneezing on it and me often...yeuch dirty buggers.... but touch wood I've never had flu and hope I never do.   

Do you qualify dizz?

Have a look  here if you are interested in who should have one.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/who-should-have-flu-vaccine/

I only qualify because of "my dicky tiquer" as Monsieur Alfonse would say.💓

I do have the option of not having the injection, but after a very bad bout of flu when the chinese or whatever version it was hit. (ended up passed out on the floor with it) Since then i have had the injection and never had more than a mild sniffle with the odd bought of sneezing.

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2019 at 7:24 AM, Evil Sid said:

Only ever had one bad reaction to the flu jabs in ten years and that lasted for about four days, two of which spent in bed wondering why the room seemed to be changing shape and admiring the little flashing lights in front of my eyes.

lsd cartoonCan I have the address of your Doc's  🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

he's up around latchford area. well causeway at least.

This reminds me that i must get round to sorting this years flu jab out. been so busy lately that it had slipped my mind, (not difficult these days must be that old age thing people keep going on about.)🤫

Had mine in chemist on Saturday(more convenient than Latchford Medical) Pharmacist told me this first batch may be the last before Brexit date and with the vacine produced in France there may be delays,so look sharp Sid's before you miss out!

Will be at least Monday next week before i can get around to eve thinking about a flu jab. At the end of a head cold thanks to a certain relative of mine who decided to pay us a visit whilst suffering from one themselves. Got appointments for mrs sid at two places on Thursday.  Taking Car in to mechanics on Friday for some mi nor work and MOT whilst it is there. (he has moved to edge hill so half a day spent there if everything goes ok). Saturday have shopping in the morning and a closing bowling main in afternoon, and all of that on top of the usual business of staying alive, washing cleaning cooking meals and such.

Had more free time when i was working.🤣