Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
asperity

Speechless

Recommended Posts

Perhaps they should provide rubber hammers to the same people ūüėČ.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will they be handing out blunt screwdrivers and ice-picks next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that bad an idea actually and if the police think it may save the life of someone who's partner has violent tendencies, then maybe it's a good thing.

When you think of it, there's no need for them to have a sharp point, after all their main role is to cutting rather than stabbing. If knives with points capable of stabbing someone were classed as daggers it'd make it much easier for the police to get a prosecution.

 

Bill :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My client ,your honour, is adamant that his steak knife slipped during his enjoyment of the said sirloin. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bill said:

Not that bad an idea actually and if the police think it may save the life of someone who's partner has violent tendencies, then maybe it's a good thing.

When you think of it, there's no need for them to have a sharp point, after all their main role is to cutting rather than stabbing. If knives with points capable of stabbing someone were classed as daggers it'd make it much easier for the police to get a prosecution.

 

Bill :)

I'm inclined to side with Bill on this, if it saves a single life although it may be difficult to quantify .  Perhaps all kitchen knives should be designed in this way and get rid of pointed ones all together.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bill said:

Not that bad an idea actually and if the police think it may save the life of someone who's partner has violent tendencies, then maybe it's a good thing.

When you think of it, there's no need for them to have a sharp point, after all their main role is to cutting rather than stabbing. If knives with points capable of stabbing someone were classed as daggers it'd make it much easier for the police to get a prosecution.

 

Bill :)

What's the Point ?   Anything with a cutting edge can slice a corotid,  a baseball bat can crack a skull and a pair of hands can strangle someone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Observer II said:

What's the Point ?   Anything with a cutting edge can slice a corotid,  a baseball bat can crack a skull and a pair of hands can strangle someone.  

I see you’ve given it some thought.  With all the stabbings we hear of I would have thought any action to try to negate them should be welcomed,  but there’s always snowflakes wanting to be against any form of positive action.  Do you suggest complete inaction and that people sit on their thumbs shaking their heads in despair?  It’s a lot easier to conceal a kitchen knife than a baseball bat and a knife to the heart is usually more fatal than a smack with a bat.  What do you suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a complete dodo -   almost any household tool can be used as a lethal weapon; so no chance of guarding against them - it's people that kill, not weapons.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Observer II said:

What a complete dodo -   almost any household tool can be used as a lethal weapon; so no chance of guarding against them - it's people that kill, not weapons.   

So if a person stands there and shouts ‚Äúbang‚ÄĚ ¬†you‚Äôll drop down dead? ¬†You couldn‚Äôt stab someone with one of those knives. ¬†Are you pro stabbing or something? ¬†What possible harm could this initiative cause? ¬†Except to wind up the perennially offended snowflake community or are you worried about losing your Sabatiers? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bill said:

Not that bad an idea actually and if the police think it may save the life of someone who's partner has violent tendencies, then maybe it's a good thing.

When you think of it, there's no need for them to have a sharp point, after all their main role is to cutting rather than stabbing. If knives with points capable of stabbing someone were classed as daggers it'd make it much easier for the police to get a prosecution.

 

Bill :)

So are you in favour of banning wood chisels, screwdrivers, craft knives/box-cutters etc. Bill?  Or is it only cooks that are a danger in the home, not DIY enthusiasts?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, asperity said:

So are you in favour of banning wood chisels, screwdrivers, craft knives/box-cutters etc. Bill?  Or is it only cooks that are a danger in the home, not DIY enthusiasts?

But what harm is this initiative causing?  Of course there are many ways that an abusive partner can cause injury to their family, not only physically.  Surely any effort to lessen the damage should be aplauded not ridiculed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps clothing manufacturers could step in and make all clothing stab resistant. If stabbing somebody has little effect then stabbing knife crime would go down.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...