PC ban -

Observer II

16 hours ago, Observer II said:

The hole gets deeper - the latest is a ban on "gender stereotyping" -  seems ads that show women who can't park a car or hoovering, while hubby has his feet up are "hurtfull". Perhaps all hoover ads could use the Freddy Mercury song clip !     😉

It's completely bonkers.  If I see say an advert of a woman unable to park it doesn't upset me in the slightest just as seeing a woman hoovering when the man just sits there.

'Hurtful gender stereotyping' my a*se.  People who dream these new rulings up or are easily offended need to get a grip on life and stop being so blummin pathetic.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

It's completely bonkers.  If I see say an advert of a woman unable to park it doesn't upset me in the slightest just as seeing a woman hoovering when the man just sits there.

'Hurtful gender stereotyping' my a*se.  People who dream these new rulings up or are easily offended need to get a grip on life and stop being so blummin pathetic.

So this type of advert being stopped will affect your life in what way?  You seem to be offended by the ruling,  perhaps you should follow your own advice 😄😉

5 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Perhaps they could stick to the Freddy Mercury clip - I suppose trannies are gender neutral    - neither one thing or the other.    😉  

It’s Neanderthal attitudes like this which has led to the rules having to be put in place.  Bravo for proving the point enlightened one lol

5 minutes ago, Observer II said:

So, because majority public attitudes don't conform to the "progressive" dictates;  things have to be banned - not enlightened at all.

How does this ruling affect you in any way?

46 minutes ago, Observer II said:

I find it offensive - OK !   😆

Ah  diddums,  clearly  one of those easily offended snowflake types.  You are offended by an ad agency not producing something that had absolutely no effect on you or your life?  What a small person you must be.  If adverts are an issue for you just watch the BBC in future

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

Not just adverts - seems you libs have hit a fork in the road -  who will you choose - the Muslims who are offended by PC indoctrination in Primary Schools or the LGBT brigade who want to inflict it - wonder who has the most votes ? !         😉

Oooh that’s a leap and s huge conflation but there you go.  My life isn’t about votes so your question is a stupid one.  It’s bigots like you misrepresenting what schools are doing who are the problem.  I have no issue with either Muslims nor LGBT Observer,  can you claim the same.  Hope not hate.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:50 PM, Dizzy said:

On 6/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, P J said:

So this type of advert being stopped will affect your life in what way?  You seem to be offended by the ruling,  perhaps you should follow your own advice 😄😉

Naah PJ I'm not offended by the ruling at all....... I find it all rather laughable to be honest that we live in such a bonkers society these days that people feel the 'need' to look at something as daft as some tv adverts and say 'hey this needs to be stopped as it might hurt some little gentle wallflowers feelings'. 

Most people probably never even gave it a second though until someone with nothing better to do made a big deal of it.

Bit like the 1000's of numpties who have been complaining to OFCOM this week about not liking something on Love Island.  Durh...well stop blummin' watching it then lol.

PS Mr Dizzy can't parallel park our new car..... I think he's still quite offended by me laughing at him though (but hey I can't park it either shhh) 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

So why whine and moan about something which has absolutely no affect upon your life.  Why do you condone upsetting people unnecessarily, whether they are gentle or not?    Will you really miss these types of adverts?  Makes me laugh to be honest. Well it would if the discourse about the ad ban hadn’t led to such vile slurs by certain posters

It's about "hurtful" stereotypes - like the girl who walked into the path of a cyclist, as she crossed a road with her head in a mobile phone - game, set and match you might say, but no.   A female judge found in her favour and awarded her damages;  thus giving two stereotypical gender examples !     😑

The rule is actually "[Advertisements] must not include gender stereotypes that are likely to cause harm, or serious or widespread offence. "

The guidance is here: https://www.asa.org.uk/uploads/assets/uploaded/f39a881f-d8c9-4534-95f180d1bfe7b953.pdf

The rule is to be applied after complaints so we can expect lots of activity!