Boris Badenough ...

Davy51

Following on from the private  prosecution  brought against our esteemed Mr Johnson  , will it also mean than any politician can be held accountable for any statement made which is not carried out to the letter ? A PM or even a political party could even be held accountable for failing to carry out it's manifesto to the letter.

What come across to me is nothing more than mud slinging against a prospective PM from an agent of the Remain side which was no less guilty of romantic fiction during the referendum campaign.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

Following on from the private  prosecution  brought against our esteemed Mr Johnson  , will it also mean than any politician can be held accountable for any statement made which is not carried out to the letter ? A PM or even a political party could even be held accountable for failing to carry out it's manifesto to the letter.

What come across to me is nothing more than mud slinging against a prospective PM from an agent of the Remain side which was no less guilty of romantic fiction during the referendum campaign.

If you perform an act of misconduct when in office it is a criminal offence.  This is what he is charged with and no amount of hair fluffing and harrumping can make this one go away .

8 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

Yes but does it imply that any straying from a manifesto as such could be termed as misconduct in public office ? Us voters know we have been lied to for years by all political parties.

get yourself some legal representation, some balls and a load of dosh and give it a try.

6 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Best press the ignore button Dave, the guy's a tool - sorry tools are usefull !

Really?  I state fact and you call me a tool.  You spout shite and consider it ok?  You try to pass fiction as fact,  you claim that racism doesnt exist and is the invention of brainwashed snowflakes.   Any idea how stupid, bigoted and plain dumb you sound?  Probably not but then again   you never do.

23 minutes ago, Observer II said:

So don't bother then - 

Ah  trying to shut down debate, yet another hypocrisy from yourself, exactly what you love to accuse others of,  it’s called classic projection.

I've been using my mobile phone to read the forum this week..small screen......but now I'm back on my desktop I've realised your new avatar pic is actually wallnut whip PJ....on a mobile it looks like a pile of poop (thought I'd best not use the 's' word....)  Mmmm

• Haha 1

Going back to topic.....

If the figure of £350 million a week on the side of the campaign busses etc was incorrect WHY has it taken 3 years for the bloke to raise a private prosecution against Boris about it.
Why didn't he do it at the time?  Surely it would have made more sense to question it back then at the campaign stage than now when brexit has already been voted on and we've spent 3 years battling it out with the EU.

Seems to me, like already said, it's just game playing to stop Boris standing to becoming the new PM blah blah.

A better use of the £200,000 he's raised for the private prosecution would be to give it to the NHS or Aldery Hey / Great Ormond Street Hospitals !!!!  

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

I've been using my mobile phone to read the forum this week..small screen......but now I'm back on my desktop I've realised your new avatar pic is actually wallnut whip PJ....on a mobile it looks like a pile of poop (thought I'd best not use the 's' word....)  Mmmm

It’s all in the mind and the eye of the beholder,  hope it doesn’t put you off eating walnut whips 😉

Depending on which source you use the £350M/week figure is near correct. Actually in 2014, which was the latest figure available in 2016, the gross contribution was £361M/week which is what the UK was giving the EU. They then subtract the rebate, public and private sector receipts which give £161M/week nett figure. If the sign on the side of the bus had said "We give the EU £160M per week" do you suppose it would have changed Leave voters minds by an iota? It may possibly have changed the minds of some remain voters instead! All this will come out in the open if the court case goes ahead. The shyster who has opened this can of worms may live to regret it when his own dirty dealings are revealed to the world 🤨.

• Upvote 3

Guido Fawkes (order-order.com) has this take on the story:

“Marcus J. Ball is the man behind the public prosecution of Boris Johnson over the £350 million a week campaign slogan. Aside from looking like someone straight out of The Wolf of Wall Street, Ball had run multiple enterprises before striking Boris-Gold, having incorporated himself as a company (with overdue accounts – a criminal offence under the Companies Act) and had another that was compulsorily struck off. Strangely the original crowdfunding video has disappeared from his website, Guido has preserved it and kept a little smarmy highlight for your viewing pleasure…
Ball’s original pitch was a naked attempt to overturn the referendum result, boasting of the establishment support he had received:
“We have the research, the evidence, the legal team, the QC’s legal opinion on side, a persuasive legal argument on side, thousands of wonderful backers, as well as lots of journalists and national press, keen to cover the story.”
Guido looks forward to a similar prosecution being brought against Remain’s £4,300 per household claim, Alistair Campbell’s dodgy dossier, George Osborne’s emergency budget, every time the Labour Party claimed there were just hours left to save the NHS, every Tory ‘Tax Bombshell’ calculation, and Corbyn’s pledge to ‘deal with’ student debt. At least the famous £350 million is backed up in Table 9.9 of the ONS Pink Book, revealing total debits from the UK to the EU amounted to 19.1bn, or slightly more than £350 million a week…”