Euro Election Results

Confused52

Well the results are available for Warrington Borough and the largest party vote was for The Brexit Party. However using the same method as Prof John Curtice and adding the definitely Leave ( Brexit and UKIP) then the definitely Remain (Lib Dem, Green and Change UK) the result is Leave 19941 and Remain 19935. A stunningly close result.

Don't expect the breaking out of consensus any time soon here or anywhere else

On the national scene the Labour leadership is  still weasel like. Corbyn is once more willing to climb into bed with anyone to get in to number 10. One day he's an ardent leaver ,another a staunch remainer & is now fully committed to another referendum. He will try & woo the public however he can  to reach his goal & no doubt his policies will be nailed to a revolving door to kid the voters.

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

Good point Sid;  the turnout in the Referendum was quite high, and I can't imagine many Remain voters didn't vote in the Euros;  so a good slice of the Apathy Party was likely Leavers.

The degree to which you exhibit confirmation bias is something to behold!!!

• Upvote 1

The Libdem elected MEP was interviewed on the BBC local news this evening. He was repeating the claim that we were deceived by the Leave campaign at the referendum who claimed that everything in the garden would be rosy after Brexit and that is why us stupid, white, old, racist bigots voted leave. The way I remember it, however, was the Remain campaign was telling us that the economy would collapse, unemployment would go through the roof, our exports would cease and we would all starve despite which we still voted leave. They can't stop lying to us can they?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Unfortunately ,all our political system is tainted by greed & self interest &  i am sure even the freshest & most principled of MPs will become tempted at some time in their careers. All this Parliamentary Brexit mess has highlighted the failings of our system in relation to the electorate.

Unfortunately, principles tend to be sold out on the altar of ambition; and in today's climate saying what you think and believe, can be fatal.  To say our political system is not fit for purpose would be an understatement, the two main political Parties are now embroiled in accusations of racism - the Tories accused of Islamaphobia, Labour accused of Anti-Semitism.  All part and parcel of the labelling of identity politics, where debate is closed down by a single accusation - so no discussion, no debate, no search for resolution, and no free speech.  

I see one Brexit Party member has been voted in to represent the North East of England yet he lives,  believe it or not, in the South of France.  Oh the hypocrisy of the man and the stupidity of some of the electorate. Tell me again Monteith, why is this freedom of movement a really bad thing lol

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

So he's closer to the Parliament then - doh !

Oh my God what a numpty,  not only are you ignoring the mans crass hypocrisy you are also a geography Dunce.  Trevien , where the hypocrite resides is over 980 miles away from Brussels by car.  Newcastle in North East England that the hypocrite represents is just over 490 miles so about half the distance give or take a few miles. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Confused52 said:

Well you are both right and wrong. When the European Parliament meets at Strasbourg Trevien is closer than Newcastle!

Observer right 4 times per month?   He is batting way above his average lol