Manchester Wine Mistake !

Latchford Locks

In the news today I read this unbelievable story,the kind  that in the past has been the fuel of many countries revolts and revolutions.

Hawksmoor Manchester: Diners given £4,500 red wine by mistake
The customers were given a 2001 bottle of Chateau le Pin Pomerol
Lucky diners were accidentally served a £4,500 bottle of red wine at a restaurant.

Hawksmoor Manchester said on Twitter it hoped the customers had enjoyed their evening after being given the pricey 2001 bottle of Chateau le Pin Pomerol.

The diners ordered a £260 Bordeaux but received the bottle "of the same vintage" which was 17 times the price.

A "mortified" staff member who made the error has been urged to keep their "chin up" as "one-off mistakes happen".

It was only afterwards that the restaurant's manager realised the mistake, a spokesman said.  

🧐 It is obscene that anybody would pay that kind of money on a bottle of wine in the first place .

Image result for Obscene gluttony funny cartoons

£4,500 for a bottle of wine!!!

I paid less than that for the harley and it will last longer and give more enjoyment. (well to me at least)

I always laugh when i see these wine experts on tv. Swills glass around,sniffs, takes a sip, "ah yes there is a definite hint of honeysuckle and just a slight after taste of either gnats or cats"

Most ordinary wine drinkers are like. "it has alcohol in it yes" glug glug "another pplease hic".

• Upvote 2

Fair point there P J, as they say the best publicity is free publicity. £4500 for an international add campaign is loose change compared to what it would cost to have a professional firm do it.

They will probably be coining it in as people will go just on the off chance that it will happen again.

6 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

Fair point there P J, as they say the best publicity is free publicity. £4500 for an international add campaign is loose change compared to what it would cost to have a professional firm do it.

They will probably be coining it in as people will go just on the off chance that it will happen again.

and remember the £4500 price tag is what they knock it out at not what they buy it for ;)