Management chaos -

Observer II

There may not be much about your version of events that was accurate unless it does not refer to this charming specimen. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8052207/sick-pay-company-fines-staff-ill/

The bit that will be true is that they aren't unionised, a fact that will allow you to better enjoy not being able to catch a Northern train from Warrington to anywhere every single Saturday from now to the end of January at a minimum.

Such is the state of exploitation today of ignorant youngsters, with no workplace representation.  No doubt some will be calling in with a sicky; but to force staff into a vunerable enviroment like a Hospital, passing round their germs, is a dereliction of their responsibilties. So perhaps it's the Company that should be fired. btw these agency firms are costing the NHS £billions.   

10 minutes ago, Confused52 said:

Well my reading of the story is that it is in their contract, until next year, and it is only if they give less that 24 hours notice without reasonable cause, which includes communicable illness! but read the link yourself if you aren't allergic to the Sun which seems a reasonable excuse to me!

Well I tried reading the link but as it's the Sun it's hard to decifer what exactly the complaint is and whether or not it's reasonable. If they are on a contract and contract says no work no pay then thats that. If it's a £50 deduction from pay and the job is minimum pay then there is a reasonable complaint. In these sort of newspaper stories you never get the full tale from both sides.