Christmas 3

Stallard12

How far along are y'all with Decorations?   Was talking to my son this evening on the phone, he lives in Philly and is coming home for Christmas.  Happened to say that I already had the tree up and decorated plus all of the bunting etc. then my wife suddenly exploded and grabbed the phone.  Apparently, laying in a recliner, pointing with your toe at everything she had missed is not 'putting up the decorations'.  Be careful guys, women are hard to figure.

Please excuse all grammatical and spelling errors, the IPad seems to know what I want to say better than me.

These days stallard when it comes to decorations i am a bit of a "BAH HUMBUG!!" person. Probably comes of not having had children so christmas was normally split evenly between my parents and my inlaws. Sadly both are no longer with us so it is down to just me and Mrs Sid. We exchange cards and pleasantries with the rest of the clan but get together's are a thing of the past for me now sadly.

I do have a tree and a few christmassy light up village thingies but the days of streamers and walls covered with cards and tinsel are behind me. (also it is a pain when you get vertigo standing on a small step ladder trying to pin fifteen feet of dry crinkly paper chains to the coving at each end of a room)

On 11/25/2018 at 1:57 AM, Stallard12 said:

How far along are y'all with Decorations?   Was talking to my son this evening on the phone, he lives in Philly and is coming home for Christmas.  Happened to say that I already had the tree up and decorated plus all of the bunting etc. then my wife suddenly exploded and grabbed the phone.  Apparently, laying in a recliner, pointing with your toe at everything she had missed is not 'putting up the decorations'.  Be careful guys, women are hard to figure.

Please excuse all grammatical and spelling errors, the IPad seems to know what I want to say better than me.

Twirley

As it's still November it beats me as to why anyone would have their Xmas decorations an tree up already.  I'd be sick of seeing them by Xmas day if I put mine up this early.  Two weeks before the big day is more than enough.  I'm rather ashamed to say that if I remember rightly ours only went up about 3 days before last year... Oops.... I of course blame Mr Dizzy for that cos they are all stored in our loft and I can't get them.  

TV ads for christmas over here usually start around end of january with the park hamper ones, "start saving for your park hamper for christmas (add year) only £x.xx per month"

It is quite interesting watching how the adverts start to change slowly as november/ december gets nearer.

Scantily clad men and women start to get more prevalent advertising perfumes with no price mentioned.

Kids games made from plastic that would not even keep a cat amused for more than five minutes let alone the age range it is targeted at.

Singers that you have not heard of since they made that one record that everybodies granny liked twenty odd years ago suddenly produce new albums of old songs that nobody will listen too because they are too corny or christmassy for the rest of the year.

Animal charities asking for £2.00 a month for sick dragons, "your two pounds a month will get you a newsletter and a stuffed cuddly dragon"

Christmas that one time of the year when we worry more about who we sent a card to than anything.

BAH HUMBUG!!  🤣