Old Warrington Pub

interested

It seems to me that the places closing are the type that older customers frequent and as the years have evolved older people are less and less inclined to walk the streets at night prefering to stay in the security of their own homes with some tins from the supermarket and the television.

• 5 months later...

I used to work evenings in The Lion in Bridge Street when Bill Medland was landlord.

(Not to mention at Air Ministry, Underclyffe House,London Road,Appleton in the early 60's. Then moved to the Pier head, then went to Cappers at Woolston. But destiny called and I went off to London for 5 years, then Bath for 30, now living in Hillsborough.)

I saw what they had done to it in 2006, I was so shocked. I was glad to scuttle back to Sheffield.

• 12 years later...

the Brook was our local as 16 year olds while at the Grammar school back in the 70's. One of the few pubs we were sure of being served in. I remember having to open the window in the room with the pool table to be able the end of the cue to stick out of the window whilst making some shots. Landlord whose name I forget was a nice guy, used to have a Porche and would often stop to give me a ride if be happened to see me at the bus stop. Good times.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2007 at 11:24 AM, observer said:

There was an even smaller "pub", in a terraced house opposite Tetley's Brwery, Winwick Rd; but it only had an occassional licence. 😕

And one off Bewsey road a converted terraced house front room.On Pitt Street before it was demolished in early 70's