Sign in to follow this  
Observer II

Crowd funding ?

Seems to be a growing trend - a woman planned her wedding based on a requirement for guests to crowd fund it; and another US couple appealed on behalf of a rough sleeper; then spent the proceeds themselves ! Believe Alex Salmond has received £100,000 towards his legal fees (thought he was minted).   Has anyone actually given to a crowd funding appeal ?

Some times I wonder about crowd funding to help support employing journalists - as with shrinking advertising revenues and sales newspapers can't afford to employ investigative journalists any more.

• Haha 1

I noted that when reading some of the "stories" in the rival, most look as if they are pulled from web searches or press releases from police and politicians. (mind you i suppose trolling trawling the web is investigative in a way)

even the bbc are at it. read any of their stories and at the end you will find a bit that asks "were you there, can we have your comments on it. how were you affected etc."

As a pensioner on limited income and is poor health would it be a bit of a cheek to try and get crowd funding for a trip Vegas? B):rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

I noted that when reading some of the "stories" in the rival, most look as if they are pulled from web searches or press releases from police and politicians. (mind you i suppose trolling trawling the web is investigative in a way)

even the bbc are at it. read any of their stories and at the end you will find a bit that asks "were you there, can we have your comments on it. how were you affected etc."

As a pensioner on limited income and is poor health would it be a bit of a cheek to try and get crowd funding for a trip Vegas? B):rolleyes:

If they think you are a deserving cause you never know!