BoJo !

Observer II

On 8/21/2018 at 10:23 PM, asperity said:

I think you two should get a room - preferably padded and soundproofed :D.

Well said Asp and I agree 100%. 

I've just been playing catchup (at 1.30am yawn) and having just read through this entire topic I think I now need a padded and soundproof room too....but preferably NOT in the same one as Obs and PJ !!! 

Gawd......it's enough to drive a person insane :blink::unsure::shock:

..I forgot to add that people in burka's along with the rest of the long loose flowing black attire that is also often worn with then does tend to freak me out a bit and make me feel uneasy especially if they are in groups.  All you can see are two eyes...presumably female but might not be.... and you cant see their hands or what else they might be carrying.  It's not just me though being silly as my other half finds them somewhat  in-nerving too :unsure::oops::ph34r: 

Dizzy,  have you ever witnessed anyone dressed in the manner that scares you committing a crime, threatening anyone or committing an act of violence?  I haven’t but I’ve seen a great many western dressed scumbags committing all manner of offenses.  These women are not a threat to you. Don’t let the right wing propaganda from the likes of Britain First and Breitbart frighten you with their hatred for all things different.

3 hours ago, Davy51 said:

Luckily ,terrorism is just a figment of our collective psyche ,then ?

People disguising themselves in burka to commit acts of terrorism is a figment of your imagination, born from ignorance, fear and brainwashing.  Do t be scared of them , they are just women going about their daily lives , dressed a bit differently 

Teenagers in hoodies commit more crime by a mile , no call for hoodie bans.  Personally I ding people wearing sports shirts when not playing sport ridiculous, especially fat old men and women but that’s their choice and I wouldn’t want a ban, nor do they scare me even though a lot of mindless thugs cause mayhem dressed that way

3 hours ago, P J said:

People disguising themselves in burka to commit acts of terrorism is a figment of your imagination, born from ignorance, fear and brainwashing.  Do t be scared of them , they are just women going about their daily lives , dressed a bit differently 

Have you got yourself a job as Head of Marketing for a burqa manufacturer by any chance PJ? :D:ph34r:

• Haha 2

oddly enough i have never seen anybody wearing a burqa in warrington.

seen a few wearing a niqab around but most tend to wear a hijab.

may have seen a couple wearing a chador but could have been a khimar, not that well up on women's headscarf fashions.

Boris really is an unobservant person, as he , like most, cannot tell the difference between a burqa and a hijab.

(if you want to know the style Boris is referring to is a hijab which is a hood with a veil that leaves the eyes clear. a burqa which he said it was has a veil covering the eyes so that nothing of the face is on show)

Teenagers wearing hoodies, well it's a fashion, i wear a hoodie and i,m definitely not a teenager. (or a bank robber) having watched caught on camera a few times it seems that a lot of criminals are favouring the bandana over the lower face as seen on many westerns in the old days.(in fact couple that with a hoodie and you have in effect a hijab style. head and lower face covered eyes on display). makes you wondre how many crimes like that have been mislabelled as being committed by muslim women:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, asperity said:

Have you got yourself a job as Head of Marketing for a burqa manufacturer by any chance PJ? :D:ph34r:

just a realist Asperity,  have you ever seen anyone in a Burka commit a crime?  The people on here terrified of these women have been brainwashed by the far right propaganda.

13 hours ago, Observer II said:

Notice an ad appeared at the top of the page, for dating "single Muslim females" - wonder if they take their face coverings off for that ? ! :D :ph34r: :ph34r:  

The ads you get on here are personalised and dictated by your search history, what have you been up to you sordid little man lol

1 hour ago, P J said:

just a realist Asperity,  have you ever seen anyone in a Burka commit a crime?  The people on here terrified of these women have been brainwashed by the far right propaganda.

Who are these imaginary "people on here" who are "terrified" of these women? Dizzy has admitted to being a "bit freaked out" and "uneasy" but I can't recall anybody saying they're "terrified". As for myself I'm no more terrified by them than I am by any female, whatever they're wearing :D.

I get the impression that anything you disagree with is "far right propaganda" by the way.

• Upvote 1

Wearing a hoodie or any other form of head covering that obsures the face creates an uneasy feeling for the vast majority of people and that's a fact so knowing this, these people are choosing to going against the views of society. 

Everyone likes to be a bit different than the next but If there was something in my life that caused others to be concerned about, I simply wouldent do it. Fitting in with society is in my opinion, something that a lot of Asian peole don't do very well and face covering and the wearing of traditional robes as the daily norm dosn't help in this process.

Bill :)

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, asperity said:

Who are these imaginary "people on here" who are "terrified" of these women? Dizzy has admitted to being a "bit freaked out" and "uneasy" but I can't recall anybody saying they're "terrified". As for myself I'm no more terrified by them than I am by any female, whatever they're wearing :D.

I get the impression that anything you disagree with is "far right propaganda" by the way.

so no dealings or bad experiences with anyone from the burka wearing ladies then?  re your "impression" you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Wearing a hoodie or any other form of head covering that obsures the face creates an uneasy feeling for the vast majority of people and that's a fact so knowing this, these people are choosing to going against the views of society. 

Everyone likes to be a bit different than the next but If there was something in my life that caused others to be concerned about, I simply wouldent do it. Fitting in with society is in my opinion, something that a lot of Asian peole don't do very well and face covering and the wearing of traditional robes as the daily norm dosn't help in this process.

so no dealings or bad experiences with anyone dressed in a burka , just a sense of unease despite there being no reason for this?  If I am concerned about old people driving are youi going to stop doing it?  Of course you aren't

8 minutes ago, asperity said:

No I haven't, but then again I have never said that I had did I?

Funny isn't it,  can't find a single soul who has had a bad experience with a burka wearing lady yet people are "freaked out", calling for a ban, mocking their appearance and accusing them of going against the views of society. ( Who decided what the view of society is,  who sets the norm?  Do we need a referendum on the acceptability of every item of clothing in existence?)  Like I said, these women are no threat to you and never have been, open your mind and eyes more, read a little and hopefully be a more relaxed person.  You have nothing to fear.

3 minutes ago, P J said:

Funny isn't it,  can't find a single soul who has had a bad experience with a burka wearing lady yet people are "freaked out", calling for a ban, mocking their appearance and accusing them of going against the views of society. ( Who decided what the view of society is,  who sets the norm?  Do we need a referendum on the acceptability of every item of clothing in existence?)  Like I said, these women are no threat to you and never have been, open your mind and eyes more, read a little and hopefully be a more relaxed person.  You have nothing to fear.

Why are you telling me this and not one of the people you imagine are against the burqa? As far as I'm concerned people can wear whatever they want as long as they don't try to tell me what I can or can't wear.

I doubt many people are terrified by a burka or indeed have ever had a bad experience but that doesn't alter the fact that people are uncomfortable in dealing with those who choose to hide their faces. Their religion doesn't demand that they do this but if it did then it might be a bit more acceptable to people. Sheeks can wear turbans as part of their religion but whether they do or not we all accept it because there's no face covering (apart from maybe a bushy beard).

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

I doubt many people are terrified by a burka or indeed have ever had a bad experience but that doesn't alter the fact that people are uncomfortable in dealing with those who choose to hide their faces. Their religion doesn't demand that they do this but if it did then it might be a bit more acceptable to people. Sheeks can wear turbans as part of their religion but whether they do or not we all accept it because there's no face covering (apart from maybe a bushy beard).

so these people who are uncomfortable dealing with those who choose to hide their faces, I take it they never use a phone, email, intercoms, forums, social media, letters or two cans and a bit of string to hold a conversation then?  Its just nonsense..

59 minutes ago, asperity said:

Why are you telling me this and not one of the people you imagine are against the burqa? As far as I'm concerned people can wear whatever they want as long as they don't try to tell me what I can or can't wear.

I didn't, the part you highlighted was a general comment addressed to the debate. In the one post I suppose I addressed comments and opinions expressed by at least 3 posters.  I know you may find this hard to take but not everything centres around you cherub.

Perhaps the fear comes from the promo pin ups that we see of the male terrorists that can't even man up & show their faces to their potential victims . In fact who is to say that a man isn't lurking behind  the veil & pretending to be a woman?