BoJo !

Observer II

So we should ban baseball caps, floppy hats , beards, flat caps, stetsons, women’s tights, clowns, children’s masks, Ronald McDonald, nuns, Woolfie, people in anti pollution masks and sunglasses.  Tell me, regarding security, what percentage of crime in Britain is carried out using a Burkha as a disguise?  I’m guessing around about virtually nil percent.

Apart from most of your quotes not being face coverings, any that are, would be included.  Most organised gangs use ski masks, as the point is, not to be recognised on cctv. by the police.  As for the burkha; it wasn't that long ago, that a male suspect terrorist evaded police capture by wearing one.     So keep guessing.    :rolleyes:

So in British history there is one case of a man wearing a burka as a disguise and you want to ban women from wearing them.  All the things I listed would make a positive ID either difficult or impossible.  Do you know how difficult it is to get absolute proof of ID good enough for conviction from cctv?  Tell me, you are ok with motor bike helmets,  do you think more crimes are committed wearing those than by women in Burkhas?.  Your argument is a joke.  Had you said you want them banned as they scare you or that you don’t understand their culture well enough or that deep down you are an  Islamaphobe then I would appreciate your honesty

No, not an Islamaphobe, just phobic about ALL religions and antiquated dress codes; after all we are in the supposedly enlightened 21st century rather than the 7th century, when one could expect a secular approach to such matters.  Again, you commit the folly of equating such garbs with religious doctrine, there's nothing in the Koran that calls for women to hide their faces, these are conservative rules imposed by men, imo primitive and backward.  As for the argument being a joke, it's clearly been taken seriously in Germany, Denmark and Austria,  "liberal" democracies.    As for understanding their culture, it's for them to integrate into the host culture, otherwise we finish up with a divided society, as elsewhere in the world, where violence and conflict abound.   :rolleyes:

I never said there was anything in the Koran that said that women must cover their faces,  that came from you and I don’t want anything that has been in that filthy hole putting in my gob thanks very much.  Would you ban sandals and cups and hats and vests as these date back centuries.  Stupid argument.  What would be enlightened about banning all religious garbs , indeed all religion?  Just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t give you the right to stop others believing, that’s simply Extreme Fascism at its worst.     Live and let live and stop dressing up your hate as security concerns,  answer this, have you or snyone you know ever been attacked, injured , insulted or in any way put out by anyone in a burka?  Dont be scared,there’s a brave soldier

:D    Think you'll find the hate spilling out of some of our Mosques in the form of calls to Jihad; but don't let reality spoil that doll house view of the world little snowflake.   :D   Thankfully, your view is in a minority according to the polls, just hope the politicians start listening to the majority.  :rolleyes: