BoJo !

Observer II

3 hours ago, asperity said:

Who has suggested that women wearing burqas are "frightening" or "violent"? Who has suggested that people should be "scared" of them?

3 hours ago, asperity said:

Who has suggested that women wearing burqas are "frightening" or "violent"? Who has suggested that people should be "scared" of them?

So why wish to ban them?  Is it a fashion police thing lol.

3 hours ago, Observer II said:

Whether it's a burka, motorbike helmet, Guy Fawkes mask, KKK hood or ski mask;  I would expect it to be the norm, that people show their face in public for mutual recognition and recognition by the Police in the event of criminal activity.  

nothing to do with fashion or the doctrine of the Koran either.

3 hours ago, P J said:
20 minutes ago, P J said:

Say the men hiding behind anonymity on a public forum.  Utter nonesense.  Don’t be scared you don’t need to see people’s faces all the time and certainly not to hold a conversation with a person.   

Oh yes you do, ask Jack Straw.

19 minutes ago, P J said:

Seems to me we have men telling women what they can or cannot wear,  just keep your nose out and all will be fine.  Was passed earlier by a group of nuns in veils today,  nobody was running for the hills bleating.

It's Muslim "men" who invented the reason for forcing their women to wear these stupid garments in the first place.   And since when have nuns covered their faces ?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

It's Muslim "men" who invented the reason for forcing their women to wear these stupid garments in the first place.   And since when have nuns covered their faces ?  :rolleyes:

You need to read more and type less

9 hours ago, Observer II said:

Think you need to read more, incl this topic - still, I'll do what I should have done when you first reappeared and just ignore you - perhaps just an emoti, as that's all your worth.   :rolleyes:  :D

Well I suppose that means a little less hate spread .  Result.  Do yourself a favour and read up on the origins of face coverings for women ( a clue, it predates Islam)  but avoid images as you seem easily frightened

The great tragedy of all these conflicting religions is that they are really just variations on the one religion that was allegedly handed down to & by Abraham. If there was a modernist  appreciation of religion in general ,many of its still medieval interpretations could possibly be overcome. At one time ,in the dim & distant past ,religion was used to control the people & was hijacked for the convenience of various rulers who always acted with God on their side & used religion  as a carte blanche  to slaughter & maim their conquered victims.. Perhaps ,once & for all, religion & politics should be separated.

5 hours ago, P J said:

Well I suppose that means a little less hate spread .  Result.  Do yourself a favour and read up on the origins of face coverings for women ( a clue, it predates Islam)  but avoid images as you seem easily frightened

no doubt, it "predates Islam", as it's it's an archaic tribal practise , not required by the Koran, introduced by men to control their women - not a very liberal practise, which makes it all the more confusing that snowflakes try to defend the practise.    

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

no doubt, it "predates Islam", as it's it's an archaic tribal practise , not required by the Koran, introduced by men to control their women - not a very liberal practise, which makes it all the more confusing that snowflakes try to defend the practise.    

😄😄 so are you against allowing women to wear the burka or hijab?  If so why?

16 hours ago, Observer II said:

Think you need to read more, incl this topic - still, I'll do what I should have done when you first reappeared and just ignore you - perhaps just an emoti, as that's all your worth.   :rolleyes:  :D

Not a man of your word I see.  😂😂😂

29 minutes ago, Observer II said:

read my posts for a change and you'll discover why - oops forgot, your not here to discuss but to inflame.  :rolleyes:

If you think I’m wading through all that bilge guess again. What’s up?  Unable to answer a simple question?  Are you against Muslim women wearing head coverings if they wish?

23 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Well, you've just admitted that you don't read other people's posts,  so it's a non-discussion.     :rolleyes:

I only have one life so can’t read all yours.  Come now, don’t be shy, answer the question, it’s perfectly straightforward.  Are you afraid again lol

Can't believe your that thick; I've posted the argument on this topic, but for your benefit, the answer is - all face coverings should be banned in the public space (unless in use as a safety precaution - EG m/bike helmets). Quite simple, quite logical, and apparently such "liberal" countries as Denmark, Germany and Austria think so too.    :rolleyes: