Sign in to follow this  
Bill

WBC WTF IS CRC

I've just been down to the Woolston tip only to find a totally chaotic situation with cars going down the dead end road only to find the tip gates closed and as more and more cars joined the queue the harder it got for everyone.  it's bad enough getting caught up in something like this where you can't turn around but for those with trailers it became a bit of a nightmare. 

All of this could have easily been avoided if the council had used a little common sense and some plain English. The sign saying CRC CLOSED clearly meant nothing to those that had already turned in and joined the queue. Why in heavens name do these people insist on using their own obscure terminology rather than the name more commonly used by the public? Ask anyone where Woolston Tip is and you'll get an answer but ask where or what the CRC is and all you'll get is a blank look.

I've always known a CRC as a method of checking data accuracy but to a copper it's a criminal record check but if you're a councillor its the local tip.

Bill :)

CRC = Community Recycling Centre.  It's closed for the next 12 weeks due to it being improved.  Choices are Stockton Heath or Sankey Bridges!

I know that now but it's not much help to those in the queue.

Use plain Engish and put the signs before the turn in.

Common sense!

It has been on the news pages a few times recently that Woolston's was closing for some weeks Bill (getting revamped as is Gatewarth so as to put the final nail in the coffin of Stockton Heaths Tip.....sorry I mean CRC). 

I agree with you though as I doubt many would have any idea what CRC means as I'm sure most, like me, just call it them the TIP.  I'd have presumed CRC was a business down there not the tip.  

PS what is QRC..as in your header title?  :wink:  lol

Queens Record Company?

Quality Research Centre?

Quick Reactions Constable?

Quentin Raphael Crisp?

It was a typo Diz, not that it makes any difference if nobody on the planet knows what it means anyway. 

Maybe the council are so cash strapped they can't afford the extra letters it would take to make it understandable 

I saw the closure notice a few weeks ago but I'd quite simply forgotten about it. 

It'll be interesting to see what they do at Sankey Bridges although I'm not sure if that's also a narrow dead end where it's difficult to reverse or turn around.

There's plenty of road space outside Gatewarth for turning around Bill, although that might change if they are making "improvements" :unsure:.

I went down that way today and someone had taken the trouble to cover over the council sign with a home made one that says "TIP CLOSED"

I don't know how long it's been there, maybe just today but It'll be interesting to see how long it remains.

Well it's still there tonight.

Maybe it was the council themselves Sid but putting up a home-made sign solved the problem without any loss of face. 

Bill :)

They would need at least a week to prepare a risk assessment meeting and a further four weeks of planning to get the wording right before putting it out to tender plus several site meetings with the guys in the high viz and clipboards to make sure it was correctly worded and positioned and in accordance with legal requirements.:shock::lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1