Breaking News

• 4 weeks later...

:D    Funny you posted that Asp; given the latest "terrorist" incident.  Nutter in car crashes into road barrier - car surrounded closely by armed police,  but what if he had passed his terrorism proficiency test, and filled the car with explosives, ready to kill as many of these policemen as possible in a suicide explosion ?  If these nutters ever up their game to anything like the IRA, the press might have something to talk about.  :ph34r:

I must admit Obs that after seeing it on the news tonight with all the forensic people and police around it I said to my other half "how do they know there's not a hidden device in there just waiting to be triggered and go off killing them".  He said...'they will have already checked".   Surely it wouldn't take much though to remotely explode a car by butting a tiny device near or in a petrol tank though EEK. 

The poice are very brave as no way would I have gone near it :shock: 

There was no need "to go near it";  surrounded at a safe distance the nutter was going nowhere and could have been "taken out" at any point in the saga. If you look at some of the old footage from N/Ireland, remote controlled devices could safely dispose of potential car bombs.  But, as I infer, these amateurs aren't the IRA, although we can no doubt expect more professional players in future, as they return from the ISIS Caliphate.       :ph34r:

Nice one Sid.

Something just doesn't seem quite right with the London thing. I think if he was a terrorist then he'd probably have some weapons or at the very least chosen a vehicle capable of doing much more damage than a little Ford Fiesta. Watching the footage he seemed to be tootling along quite slowly and only picked up the pace when the ambulance behind suddenly put the lights and sirens on. Could be that he'd been up to no good and thought the police were on to him but we'll have to wait and see what comes out of this.

Bill :)