Donald's visit -

Observer II

You see, i don't see the point of these childish protests against Trump. Love him or hate him ,he is passionate about the success & security of the USA . He is controversial, abrasive & is prone to telling other politicians what they need to hear but don't particularly want to.

• Upvote 3

I'm finding Don's so-called gaffes, quite hilarious - his latest wind up to shock the liberal media, is to describe the EU as "a foe".  Then when you think about it, you have to admit he's right - in terms of trade (unfair) competition, they are a foe, likewise China.  So, an amusing change to the conventional and hypocritical world order by telling it like it is !       :D 

14 hours ago, Observer II said:

I'm finding Don's so-called gaffes, quite hilarious - his latest wind up to shock the liberal media, is to describe the EU as "a foe".  Then when you think about it, you have to admit he's right - in terms of trade (unfair) competition, they are a foe, likewise China.  So, an amusing change to the conventional and hypocritical world order by telling it like it is !       :D 

Anyone care to explain why the EU is unfair competition to the US?

Donald seems to admire the dictators.

In a word Milky - tariffs.  The whole point behind the EU is to create a glorified protection racket, based on the principle of looking after Jack.  Hence, the US has a trading deficit, while Germany has a trading surplus.  Donald is challenging that situation, and looking after Jack,  by putting America First - that's why he was elected.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, since MacMillan first grovelled to De Gaulle in the 60s to join the Common Market, every bit of business we have done with the club has meant the UK being at a disadvantage. What started as a trading partnership quickly became a community ,then a political entity & involved much of our industrial & utility infrastructure being taken over by European companies. Luckily we dodged the Euro ,but have succumbed to  the jurisdiction of European courts & legal directives ,& thankfully have dodged the final act of treachery ,full European integration.

• Upvote 1

The whole EU enterprise was planned well before we were lured into it, and has progressed along the lines of ever closer integration under the unelected bureaucrats.

To get back to the original post - Trumps visit, I am annoyed that the likes of the BBC and Guardian presume that everyone in Britain is against Donald Trump and report that as a fact. The reality is that the majority of the population (as is their normal stance) couldn't give a stuff either way. There are the usual suspects who will go out and protest about anything if the MSM tells them to, but the rest of the UK is mainly apathetic.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, asperity said:

The whole EU enterprise was planned well before we were lured into it, and has progressed along the lines of ever closer integration under the unelected bureaucrats.

To get back to the original post - Trumps visit, I am annoyed that the likes of the BBC and Guardian presume that everyone in Britain is against Donald Trump and report that as a fact. The reality is that the majority of the population (as is their normal stance) couldn't give a stuff either way. There are the usual suspects who will go out and protest about anything if the MSM tells them to, but the rest of the UK is mainly apathetic.

I would add to that, Trump seems to be surprisingly popular in the US amongst those people the MSM would have you believe that he hates - Mexican (legal) immigrants and "people of colour" (if that description hasn't changed again). Any protest you see against the man is just constant re-iterations of unproved allegations against him. If the MSM had been as forceful in their denunciations against Bill Clinton and his gang, Hillary would have had no chance of standing, never mind winning.

• Like 1