flying the flag and the world cup.

Evil Sid

3 hours ago, Observer II said:

Still trying to work out how Lord Sugar's tweet can be described as "racist".      :rolleyes:

Anything can be deemed "racist" if, by doing so, you can harm the reputation of someone you disagree with. So obviously your post is racist Obs B).

8 hours ago, algy said:

What the hell are you talking about PJ, there was no racism mentioned or even intended in my comment, are you so bigoted that you can't see genuine humour when it stares you in the face, Confused 52 is correct I was merely having a light hearted dig at Sid regarding his comment, I am the last person that would infer that any area of this country was populated by any race by their colour, for goodness sake lighten up and take your head from up your backside and see what the real world is like man.

Really Algy?  Would you for instance consider it acceptable to post something along the lines of “ if they want benefits they should paint themselves brown and go to Calais’ ?  If it was an attempt at humour it was crap, did you get it from Bernard Manning

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, P J said:

Really Algy?  Would you for instance consider it acceptable to post something along the lines of “ if they want benefits they should paint themselves brown and go to Calais’ ?  If it was an attempt at humour it was crap, did you get it from Bernard Manning

No!, I would never have even thought of such a situation, it just shows what a warped, bitter and twisted mind you have and regards to whether you found it crap humour or not is of no interest to me and just confirms to me what a bigot you really are PJ.

• Upvote 1

On 31/10/2015 at 6:35 PM, algy said:

How do we help the poor?

Send 'em all on holiday to Calais, spray 'em all brown then smuggle 'em all in to the country in lorries, they'll never want for anything!. :wink::D

Algy,  you can drop the ‘offended angel’ routine and the ridiculous attack on me as you are condemned by your own words.  The good thing is that at least the term racist still carries enough stigma to make everyone deny being one.  Heartwarming.

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, P J said:

Algy,  you can drop the ‘offended angel’ routine and the ridiculous attack on me as you are condemned by your own words.  The good thing is that at least the term racist still carries enough stigma to make everyone deny being one.  Heartwarming.

PJ This was my comment regarding your attitude towards my original post to Sid's post  - "No!, I would never have even thought of such a situation, it just shows what a warped, bitter and twisted mind you have and regards to whether you found it crap humour or not is of no interest to me and just confirms to me what a bigot you really are PJ." - and I meant every word, you are nothing but an antagonistic stirrer and internet bully who is not happy unless  you are causing disruption on this group.

I think it was a couple of years back I placed you on the sites  'Ignored users list' but then relented and made you visible again, it gives me great pleasure to place you back on once more where thank goodness I shall not have to put up with your idiotic remarks. Cheerio! Bigot.

• Upvote 1

Hey that's cleaver, I didn't know we could do that. I suppose everyone else can still see what's been said up to this point but at least it should stop a lot the childish name calling that's been allowed to go on here for far too long. Sad that it comes to this but who knows, the forum may end up getting a few more active members if the petty bickering stops.

PJ you do make some posts that I actually agree with but your constant attempts to bait people into arguments is just not very nice to see so reluctantly I've also added you to the ignored list. Needless to say there's no need to reply this, I won't see it.

Bill

• Upvote 2

It's very easy these days to shut down an argument by labelling the other person as "racist", "homophobe" etc as PJ demonstrates in his own words:

"the term racist still carries enough stigma to make everyone deny being one.  Heartwarming."

I've been accused, on another forum, of being a racist because I offered an opinion that differed to that of the general concensus on that forum, not because my opinion was in any way racist but because it was seen as an easy way to shut me up. It's a really lazy way of avoiding debate which is used all too frequently today sadly. Enjoy it while it lasts PJ, keep posting Algy.

5 hours ago, asperity said:

It's very easy these days to shut down an argument by labelling the other person as "racist", "homophobe" etc as PJ demonstrates in his own words:

"the term racist still carries enough stigma to make everyone deny being one.  Heartwarming."

I've been accused, on another forum, of being a racist because I offered an opinion that differed to that of the general concensus on that forum, not because my opinion was in any way racist but because it was seen as an easy way to shut me up. It's a really lazy way of avoiding debate which is used all too frequently today sadly. Enjoy it while it lasts PJ, keep posting Algy.

I intend to Asp. I don't intend to allow PJ to drive me away.

Bill the 'Ignore list' is a handy little tool, I have only used it once before and PJ is the only member that I have used it on and probably ever will be. 

1 hour ago, algy said:

I intend to Asp. I don't intend to allow PJ to drive me away.

Bill the 'Ignore list' is a handy little tool, I have only used it once before and PJ is the only member that I have used it on and probably ever will be. 

Funny thing is I didn’t even notice.  I am not trying to drive anyone away.  You are just sore  as you were hoisted by your own petard.  You had no answer so threw out all your toys and had a hissy fit. 

It'd be nice to think that we wouldn't need a facility such as this Algy because as we all know, it has the ability to stiffle debate but there comes a time when enough is enough.

And while we're on the subject, I'm no big fan either of the plus and especially the minus thing and think that whether you agree or disagree you should simply say something or say nothing. Seeing a red mark against a post can be deeply hurtful, especially when you can't see who did it. Can you imagine something like this on Facebook? it'd be open season for the cyber bullies and turn people away from using it. No doubt they spent a lot of time and effort designing their policy to make sure it works and while I appreciate that there's no great resources here, there should at least be a recognition of what works and what doesn't.

I'll probably get a red mark for saying this :D

Apologies for the rant.

Bill :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill I am the one who should apologies for ranting, it is totally out of character but in my opinion PJ goes too far, all the other members have a little dig from time to time and why not! but PJ oversteps the mark almost to the point of being vitriolic.

• Upvote 1

It really is all too convenient to play the race card  against an opinion you don't agree with. Britain is so diverse ,multi cultural & multi national these days,& becoming more so every day, that  frictions are bound to occur between different factions of society. Perhaps a good start would be for the government to cool the situation by abolishing the Race Relations Act to stop certain groups hiding behind it while they themselves can be just as inflammatory.

16 hours ago, Observer II said:

In the real world, these keyboard warriors, like irritant flies, would soon be swotted.  Alas, in the physical security of the virtual world, they have to be tolerated or ignored. 

Seems to me the only internet warrior hereabouts is you.  You ought to take care beating your chest like King Kong at your age.  Swatted like a fly, in the real world you probably couldn't swat a cows rear end with a banjo.  Have a nice cup of tea and calm down Napoleon . lol