Playing with fire ?

observer

Donald Trump is no fool.  To be impeached he has had to have committed a serious crime such as high treason.  Due to the desperate fantasies of the Democrats, he has been investigated for over a year and it has not uncovered one shred of evidence.

He has destroyed Isis, effectively sealed the southern border, provided a booming economy with higher wages and low unemployment and brought North Korea to the negotiating table.  This is the sole reason for the liberals panic, if he continues this success, they will never again be in power, so he has to be stopped ( for the greater good !!).  Now they have stooped to prying into his private life before he was President, but they never mention the scandalous life of JFK while he was President.

With  regard to he Syrian strikes, you have to see the big picture.  Under the idiot Obama, the whole world knew that they could get away with  anything - bet they don't gamble on Trump not responding. I'll take him over a politician any day.

Nope,  Saddam had had his cards marked in any event.  Bush senior had him kicked out of Kuwait, but to Bush junior it was unfinished  business.  And business is the appropriate word, with Bush family links to the Bin Laden family, and Dick Cheney's business interests;  Saddam was simply in the way, so had to go.  Bring in a naïve liberal idealist like Bliar as a poodle, and the stage was set for Gulf War 2. Disarm the existing security infrastructure, and letting the sectarian genie out of the bottle, and we got the chaos. All this was being viewed on TV by the rest of the Arab world, who no doubt thought, they'd have some of it. We shouldn't forget of course, that the West had used Saddam (Sunni) to neutralise Iran (Shia), in a war in which Saddam used chemical weapons, seems the West turned a blind eye to that !    Yes, it's a volatile region, made even more volatile by ending the stability provided by the secular Dictators and unleashing the sectarian genie. Think we can agree on your last sentence.  What this latest episode demonstrates, is the fading influence of the West in the global power game, they have none in Syria, and new players have come to the fore, like Russia, Turkey and Iran.  Trump was elected on a ticket of withdrawing from foreign wars, which he's said, has cost the US $trillions in the ME alone; so I guess our future depends on which side of the bed he gets out of in the morning !   :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, asperity said:

15 minutes ago, asperity said:

So the USA forced Saddam to invade Kuwait so that they could eventually depose him? That's an interesting take on reality you have there Obs.

Of course not, and I never even implied that.  Saddam's Kuwait adventure gave the West the opportunity for retaliation, after which his cards were marked.    :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

The plain fact is that, before Trump, the world was sliding towards a very deep abyss.  He has stopped that and if you take a non emotional look, I think that you will find that the world is now a much quieter place.  No daily beheadings, no bombers boarding aircraft every day, no throat slitting on the streets of England and as previously mentioned, no North Korean missile tests.  

Obama never listened to anyone but his syncophants and constantly overruled his military advisers.  Trump meets with his experts and discusses possible actions every day and takes their advice.  Believe me, the last people to jump into war are Generals (unless they are French!), because they know the cost better than anyone.

Trump is a business man used to dealing with regular mortals and that's how he conducts his business, if someone can't hack it he fires them.  If someone insults him he fires right back with both barrels just like you and I would. He doesn't watch the polls every day and he's not burdened with the political palava that surrounds most government activities.  Got much more, but got to leave for the golf course, tee off at eight am.

• Upvote 1

Tex, Donald was elected on a ticket to avoid foreign wars, bring the boys home and save $trillions propping up s%%thole countries and NATO allies.  He was prepared to pull out of the Syrian debacle, having helped sort out ISIS, but that slimey French weasel Macron has apparently convinced him to remain. America First - something I can sypathise with,  sadly we don't have strong politicians who will put Britain First, and cease their surrender to the EU, and the nostalgic pretence to being a super-power.   btw How's "the wall".coming along ? !    :D

Get a few vaporised rag heads dispatched by allied fire & the Isis flag will soon be attracting numbers again. Not the wealthy backers of the so called Islamic State but the misguided, idealistic ,young jihadis who believe they are doing the right thing. It amazes me how this Isis mob have all the top weaponry,drive the best 4x4s & can pump & refine oil to keep their war effort funded .

As for the Ruskies, apparently their interest in Syria is to base a Mediterranean fleet there.

2 hours ago, Davy51 said:

Get a few vaporised rag heads dispatched by allied fire & the Isis flag will soon be attracting numbers again. Not the wealthy backers of the so called Islamic State but the misguided, idealistic ,young jihadis who believe they are doing the right thing. It amazes me how this Isis mob have all the top weaponry,drive the best 4x4s & can pump & refine oil to keep their war effort funded .

As for the Ruskies, apparently their interest in Syria is to base a Mediterranean fleet there.

Obama funded them.

The Russians have a gas pipeline they want to route through Syria.

You're not often wrong Obs, but you are this time - from a Trump voter.  Trump was elected  because he was not a politician, because he promised to defeat Isis,  because he would stop illegal immigration and because he would stimulate the economy and create jobs.  All of which he has done and is something that the high school principal Obama got wrong for eight years.  He is a tremendous admirer of the military and is not afraid to use it against rogue nations.

Don't disagree with that Tex,  my point was that he's now reneging on some of his promises - IE, to withdraw from foreign entanglements and relieve US tax-payers from propping everyone else up.  He was going to pull out of Syria, but that slimy French weasel - Macron talked him into staying involved, obviously cos it suits the French.  If I were to be critical, I'd suggest his performance is inconsistent and unpredictable; and I'm still wondering how slashing taxes to the wealthy will relieve the National deficit ?     :wacko:  PS. How's the wall coming along ?   :D

As a very serious political pundit, who followed every minute of the Primary and Presidential debates, I can tell you straight that Trump's position regarding non-involvement or not, was a very minor, irrelevant part of his campaign.  His platform, as I stated, was Isis, illegal immigration, jobs and the economy and the only thing that he has not fulfilled is building a southern wall, that is because the Democrats are blocking the funding.  The only reason that he has not yet left Syria, is because of the recent poison gas attacks, which affected the strategy.

You are a little uninformed regarding US taxes.   Due to deductions like earnings level, child credits, home mortgage deductions, etc, sixty percent of Americans pay no taxes at all.  The major changes just effected, have no 'slashing' of any kind.  Everybody in every category benefited, rich and poor. ( why do you feel that taxes should be designed to be punitive to any group?).  The most important feature of the tax bill, is the lowering of the Corporate Tax rate, which helps the US be more competitive worldwide.  This alone has already created jobs due to businesses expanding and has also started a wage raise phase.

Hillary Clinton is, in my opinion, one of the most despicable Americans ever, narrowly beaten by Charles Manson.  She has been a criminal all of her life, starting when she was a young lawyer and was involved in the Whitewater real estate scam.  She has used her position to thumb her nose at the law every day.  The evidence appears to show, that the Clinton Foundation actually extorted money from foreign governments when she was Secretary of State.  Foreign governments were making $50,000,000 donations to the foundation and the next week, their representative would get an interview with Clinton, followed by some request being approved.   The Clintons take eighty percent of the Foundations income for personal expenses.  Right now, the Inspector General at the Justice Dept, is investigating her for allowing Top Secret documents to be kept on her unsecurephone and those of her staff.  Very serious stuff.  Several low level, military guys have gotten prison sentences for similar things.  Let's see if she can corrupt this investigation.  Of course, if she's found guilty, it will be because she's a woman or its rascist.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

As a very serious political pundit, who followed every minute of the Primary and Presidential debates, I can tell you straight that Trump's position regarding non-involvement or not, was a very minor, irrelevant part of his campaign.  His platform, as I stated, was Isis, illegal immigration, jobs and the economy and the only thing that he has not fulfilled is building a southern wall, that is because the Democrats are blocking the funding.  The only reason that he has not yet left Syria, is because of the recent poison gas attacks, which affected the strategy.

You are a little uninformed regarding US taxes.   Due to deductions like earnings level, child credits, home mortgage deductions, etc, sixty percent of Americans pay no taxes at all.  The major changes just effected, have no 'slashing' of any kind.  Everybody in every category benefited, rich and poor. ( why do you feel that taxes should be designed to be punitive to any group?).  The most important feature of the tax bill, is the lowering of the Corporate Tax rate, which helps the US be more competitive worldwide.  This alone has already created jobs due to businesses expanding and has also started a wage raise phase.

Hillary Clinton is, in my opinion, one of the most despicable Americans ever, narrowly beaten by Charles Manson.  She has been a criminal all of her life, starting when she was a young lawyer and was involved in the Whitewater real estate scam.  She has used her position to thumb her nose at the law every day.  The evidence appears to show, that the Clinton Foundation actually extorted money from foreign governments when she was Secretary of State.  Foreign governments were making $50,000,000 donations to the foundation and the next week, their representative would get an interview with Clinton, followed by some request being approved.   The Clintons take eighty percent of the Foundations income for personal expenses.  Right now, the Inspector General at the Justice Dept, is investigating her for allowing Top Secret documents to be kept on her unsecurephone and those of her staff.  Very serious stuff.  Several low level, military guys have gotten prison sentences for similar things.  Let's see if she can corrupt this investigation.  Of course, if she's found guilty, it will be because she's a woman or its rascist.

Most people only know what is supposedly happening under the Trump administration through the mainstream media which has been virulently anti-Trump since he started campaigning for the election. It's interesting to hear the views of someone "on the ground" so to speak without the media bias.

• Upvote 1