Knife crime ?

Stop & search needs to be stepped up ,get the metal detectors out to search for weapons. It is only the furtive & guilty who will complain. The innocent,law abiding citizens need to feel protected by the law  & if that upsets the culprits ,tough.

• Upvote 1

The reason stop and search was curtailed, was due to protests from the same politicians who are now calling for it's return.  They claimed it involved "racial profiling" by the Police, as the vast majority of cases were young black males.  I suppose that it's mere coincidence, that the vast majority of perpetrators in these knifings are young black males.  What seems apparent in these cases is the total lack of fear of judicial retribution by these perpetrators, and no doubt, we'll be fed the line in due course by the Abbot and Castello apologists, of the deprived lives of these feral youngsters and the need to smother them in resources.      :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

To true Observer. I note you state the majority of people involved in knifings are young black males. I don't doubt you are right, but I'm not sure where you get the information. All the reports I have read meticulously avoid mentioning the ethnicity of those involved - presumably for fear of being branded racist. It is true that pictures of victims are almost all of young black males, but in the absence of arrests and convictions, we are not to know whether the offenders are black or white.

But it is certainly true that the young offenders who carry knives are obviously more afraid of their peers (of whatever colour)  than they are of the police, with or without increased stop and search powers.

Whilst the authorities appear reluctant nowadays to release details of ethnicity, I'm merely taking the information from TV news, which (up to now) shows parents, victims and alleged perpetrators as being  black.  As expected, the liberal media are now trying to blame this "epidemic" on policing cuts, rather than the life styles, upbringing and attitudes of gangs involved.     :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most think it's Batmans.  :ph34r:

On 25/04/2018 at 3:47 PM, observer said:

Well it didn't take long:  two "black men" who were stopped and searched by the Police, are now complaining of "racial profiling" by the police.

which is why there is probably no chance of cutting down on armed crimes. only the authorities have to play by the rules, criminals,by definition, don't

.. and now Amnesty International steps in; saying that the Met data base on London gangs is guilty of racial profiling, and contrary to the human rights of disproportionate percentage of black youths on the data base.  Thought that black youths were disproportionately represented in the number of actual perpetrators ?      :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

A study on Stop and Search before it was cut back showed exactly that. Indeed it showed that the group being disproportionately affected were not the ones complaining about  at all since that group had been reported in a lower fraction of cases than the number of stops (for balance). The report was filed without publicity.