Troy ?

observer

Hit or Miss ?   The new BBC series Troy - the fall of a City is with us, and I settled down to savour a wealth of historical re-creation (albeit legendary). However, I was disappointed to discover yet another BBC PC production with an ethnically diverse cast (playing Greeks) and subliminal messages about gender equality (seems Troy was a socially advanced, gender neutral civilisation !), .  Perhaps we should start questioning our license fee, if we're merely paying for PC propaganda.     :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, asperity said:

The BBC sees its role to be as the educator of the ignorant, homophobic white patriarchy which makes up the majority of this intolerant, bigoted and racist country. And if you don't agree with their worldview it just proves how homophobic and racist you are.

In your humble opinion, of course.

Not allowed to do that as they would have to "black up" and that would be considered racist.:huh:

Happened to the "Mitchell Minstrels".:wink:

Hysterical Dramas are just that dramas, tentatively based on what history tells us is the truth about what happened and filtered more through the needs of modern societies entertainments industries perceived view of current trends. :roll:

If they wanted to be historically accurate then they would have all the actors speaking the native dialects of the time and shove subtitles in. It is entertainment and about as true to life as coronation street or any other soap.:lol:

On 25/02/2018 at 3:03 PM, observer said:

Hit or Miss ?   The new BBC series Troy - the fall of a City is with us, and I settled down to savour a wealth of historical re-creation (albeit legendary). However, I was disappointed to discover yet another BBC PC production with an ethnically diverse cast (playing Greeks) and subliminal messages about gender equality (seems Troy was a socially advanced, gender neutral civilisation !), .  Perhaps we should start questioning our license fee, if we're merely paying for PC propaganda.     :rolleyes:

The PC Plod Brigade make a good well paid living out of basically trying to mind wash the general public into towing their distorted views.