The KFC panic

asperity

The recent closure of half of KFC's outlets due to a chicken shortage is obviously a failure of capitalism! Putting the distibution in the hands of greedy profiteers (DHL) has led to mass starvation and panic throughout the land. Surely it is time the government took over this vital role and used the army to resupply this vital resource before we have dead bodies in the streets of our major cities!

Or is it actually another failure of the EU, given that DHL is owned by Deutch Post?

DHL seem hell bent on taking over every distribution operation available. A job i was on fell foul of them (B&Q) & the first thing they worked on was cutting wages & had drivers starting all hours of the day & night.

It is to be hoped that once Brexit is complete that the UK reverts to the old domestic driver friendly Driver's hours regulations. The current EU regs have actually made it possible for drivers to work longer & more disturbed hours & so ,in my opinion, less safe for all road users.

DHL are blaming it on a computer system failure.  Yeah right...they just took on more than they can chew and didn't have the logistics in place to actually deliver.

What is more worrying to me though is reading how they have chicken stored in a big cold storage warehouse that is unregistered so ISN'T regulated by the local health authorities.  Surely that's illegal as without inspection there's no say that it's being stored correctly in compliance with H&S regulations.  An insider also reported that there is no hand wash in toilets or soap at sinks at the depot OMG !!   Maybe that's just a disgruntled worker wanting to make things sound even worse though....

Another news report said that out of some deliveries which have managed to be made have contained chicken transported at incorrect temperatures and even out of date chicken meaning it has had to be returned....but has it all been returned as some deliveries may have been accepted without the full checks being made by the staff upon receipt.

I don't think I'll be making a trip to KFC for a while just to be on the safe side.  

Davy,

I hope you are right about changes to the rules but you will remember I have my doubts. There is new emphasis on taking back control of our laws at the moment so maybe we will get lucky.

My understanding is that all three of the Warrington branches, but not Burtonwood Services, are now open so the Army can stand down now Asp.

I tried KFC once about ten years ago when it was the only place still open in the part of Bournemouth I was working, that's it.

:lol: Good point Obs.  Maybe the police should charge them as they are wasting valuable police time which is surely a case of falling fowl of the law ?

KFC withdrawal symptoms for some could be hard though...but there's no such thing as 'going cold chicken' only 'going cold turkey' :lol:

• Haha 1

Ha ha Obs :P   

Clutching at straws there though Algy as I had no intention of keeping it going...but never one throw down the gauntlet (damn that's used with birds of prey but not to worry as maybe some chickens are tough too) so I will continue in the hope I can get someones hackles up.....

Of course I could have just replied calling you both cocks but then I would have had to ban myself unless Gary does it first :lol:    Live life in the fast lane and all that...lol