Sign in to follow this  
observer

Grid lock at Sainburys - again

Seems an RTA outside the Church St entrance to Sainsburys, blocked the entrance/exit, leaving just one exit, this afternoon. So in no time we had grid lock. Has Gary been down for a photo ?!      :D

Other supermarkets are available.........................................:D

It's on the front news page Obs althogh it says 'photo submitted' so not a Gary one.

It said on the radio and hour or so ago that the driver had to be cut from the car and is though to have serious injuries :(  Hope he's going to be ok....

I must admit I was going to Tesco (and even more supermarkets are available) and Screwfix both up Winwick Road and considering it was 5.45pm and Church Street was closed there was no traffic on Wilderspool Causeway at all and I even sailed through Bridge Foot too (bit of a queue on Mersey Street due to the new carpark traffic lights)....but then no traffic again and same up Winwick Road.   It only took me 10 minutes and normally that time of the day it would take well over 30 minutes if not longer.  Maybe everyone was just avoiding the whole area though presuming town centre would be gridlocked.

Asp: not an option if you were inside the car park when it happened and couldn't get out.   :rolleyes:  Diz:    The car was on it's side at the corner of the junction,  I couldn't figure out how it got in that position though.  :wacko:

Obs: I have the option of walking to the bus station and getting the bus :unsure:

All the buses in Warrington were diverted? Or just the ones that go past Sainsbury?

Can't one stop being bone idle and walk to the bus staion? It's not far away :rolleyes:. Or maybe have a bit of patience and wait until the roads are clear again?

3 hours ago, observer said:

Tell that to the grid lockers !  :D

Who are these magical creatures Obs? Pray enlighten us.

11 hours ago, asperity said:

Can't one stop being bone idle and walk to the bus staion? It's not far away :rolleyes:. Or maybe have a bit of patience and wait until the roads are clear again?

Only 'one'! :blink:

8 hours ago, observer said:

The drivers that were nose to tail in Sainsbury's car park, trying to get out !      :D

this of course would include you then?

Maybe when we leave the EU and take back control we can make RTA's illegal.

The driver of the car involved is 84 years old and mounted the pavement after being blinded by the sun when he flipped the car, he is perfectly all right other than grazing one of his fingers, he was taken to hospital and checked over and was released later that day. The gentleman in question is a fiend of one of my wife's friends and rang her to give her the details in case she was worried.