Gender Issues - Getting out of hand.

algy

Tesco was embroiled in a new gender row last night – after being accused over images on its 'prehistoric and sexist' trolleys is now facing a backlash from shoppers. 

They say that safety instructions on the handles of the carts only depict women with children, using a silhouette of a figure in a dress.

In my opinion this is getting ridiculous. The largest percentage of supermarket shoppers are women or am I still at liberty to describe them as that!!!!.

4914FAFA00000578-5376581-image-a-17_1518

could be a tricky one this one. They would need a handle three times wider to fit all the stickers on to make sure that they are not offending anybody and even then there would be some group that would object on some grounds or other.

it is getting that way that you can't even make fun of yourself without offending somebody.

Now reading through my post to see if i have inadvertently offended some group or other and that there are no sexist words in it. (is sexist allowed or would that cause offense because of the sex part of it) TILT!!! :wacko:

Actually Alg; on closer inspection of the warning signs, it could be a bloke with an overcoat on !    If no warning signs were used and one of these "complainers" had an accident with their kid, I'm sure it would be everyone else's fault and a claim for compen would quickly follow.     :rolleyes:

The world is going bonkers...well not the world but just the sad people with nothing to do but go around looking at sinage then complaining that it is either too gender specific and not politically correct as it doesn't  include reference to all genders or 'body types'.

How many of us have ever really noticed or care that these little computerised 'icons' are male or female?...not many of us I'd imagine that's for sure. 

Maybe they could just print a gender neutral sort of person icon....is there such a thing ? 

Looks like it's the future:   seems the Labour Party has organised an equalities conference, which bans straight white males from attending !    The latest from the US, is a new craze for taking "emotional support animals" on planes (hamsters etc, even a peacock) !     Beam me up Scottie !!      :rolleyes:   :D

My favourite beef is the public toilet sign saying that toilets may be cleaned by members of any gender. As if putting a sign up makes it right.

Anyway the way everyone is heading towards gender neutral  & same sex liasons the earth's population should start to dwindle over the next few thousand years & eventually end the need for  further green belt development.

The backlash is beginning. There's been a huge increase in the number of men in US workplaces who refuse to mentor women, meet with them alone, speak to them about anything other than work, travel with them and meet with them with the door closed. This is a direct response to the fact that a woman can now ruin a man's life simply by accusing him of asking her out or saying something she didn't like, whether he did those things or not. Refusing to engage with women you don't know very well and trust completely is just the sensible thing to do. And who benefits? Nobody.  

I can see us also getting to a point where firms will simply give up on saying or doing anything pretty much completely, because they'll always be offending somebody. I can guarantee that if Tesco changed all their signage to depict men, that would be wrong too.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Davy51 said:

Would the genderistas be happier with communal toilets i wonder ? I doubt it very much.

Thought they did in a way; if you "think" your a different gender, you can act as if you are;  to the point of having the necessary cosmetic alterations done by the beleaguered NHS.  :ph34r:

Just now, observer said:

Thought they did in a way; if you "think" your a different gender, you can act as if you are;  to the point of having the necessary cosmetic alterations done by the beleaguered NHS.  :ph34r:

What's more worrying is the proposal to allow anybody to self-identify as and when they see fit. If you ever wondered what a perv's charter looks like, that it. 

Been a while since I posted on here but I have to respond to the frankly ridiculous last comment regarding the GRA proposed amendments which are:

• Removing the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria before being able to apply for gender recognition. The current need to be assessed and diagnosed by clinicians is seen as an intrusive requirement by the trans community
  • Proposing options for reducing the length and intrusiveness of the gender recognition system.

Ironically it will reduce the reliance on the "beleaguered NHS" as significant time and effort (psychologists costs are roughly £3k per session including reports) by simplifying a cumbersome and outdated process.

As for the so called "charter" strange how countries who have already introduced it many years ago (our near neighbour Eire being one) have had no such problems and quite frankly to link a recognised medical condition to some sort of nefarious conduct is ludicrous.

The changes to the GRA are supported by all mainstream political parties and supported by recognised experts in the field. That said the Daily mail doesn't which in my mind says a lot.

56 minutes ago, AdrianR said:

Been a while since I posted on here but I have to respond to the frankly ridiculous last comment regarding the GRA proposed amendments which are:

• Removing the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria before being able to apply for gender recognition. The current need to be assessed and diagnosed by clinicians is seen as an intrusive requirement by the trans community
  • Proposing options for reducing the length and intrusiveness of the gender recognition system.

Ironically it will reduce the reliance on the "beleaguered NHS" as significant time and effort (psychologists costs are roughly £3k per session including reports) by simplifying a cumbersome and outdated process.

As for the so called "charter" strange how countries who have already introduced it many years ago (our near neighbour Eire being one) have had no such problems and quite frankly to link a recognised medical condition to some sort of nefarious conduct is ludicrous.

The changes to the GRA are supported by all mainstream political parties and supported by recognised experts in the field. That said the Daily mail doesn't which in my mind says a lot.

The problem of men gaining access to women's spaces won't primarily be with people suffering from gender dysphoria. They have their own set of issues.

As for there being no problems, there's a very good reason why it's opposed by so many people including (those notorious Daily Mail readers) feminists.  Have you seen the response of the transgender lobby to people like Germaine Greer, Linda Bellos and Mary Beard? All notorious Daily Mail readers obviously. 

Are you aware of what is happening with Hannah Mouncey in the AFL? How about the transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox beating the crap out of a succession of women in fights?

Have you seen the footage of transgender men assaulting a feminist OAP in London?

How about the rapist David Ayrton who now claims he is a woman but retains male genitalia and has asked to be transferred to a woman's prison?

There are numerous examples of men posing as women gaining access to toilets and changing rooms. They are from what I can tell not largely transgender, if ever. 

I have sympathy with people struggling with this issue and wish them well with their lives, but the idea that they are no different to biological women when they say so is dangerous BS. 

• Upvote 1

I am aware of the AFL case and they have agreed to take each matter on a case by case basis. Others have been rejected. Each sport should follow that approach. It is for the governing body of that sport to make their own provision and act appropriately. CAS can intervene if required for both sides. Due process in action.

I am aware of the edited footage of the feminist assault and also the unedited footage plus the abuse hurled from a vocal but very very small minority on both sides of the argument on social media. Neither are representative of the vast majority. If we listened and acted on vocal small minorities then the world would be a truly screwed up place. I am also aware of many feminist groups who reject their actions and those of people you quote. All female lists under labour party protocols have been accepted as trans inclusive contrary to an attempt to otherwise stop this.

Any convicted felon will have to deal with the law be it as now or as amended if such a transfer is to take place. its called due process. Under the current act he wont get there and even the new proposals will have safeguards.

I await details of the "numerous examples" as you quote and details of the convictions / arrest numbers for these people instead of hyperbole.

It appears those countries who have passed self identification have not had these problems and if you are intent on invading women's spaces for nefarious means, (1) you can do so now with the appropriate preparation (2) amendments to the GRA wont change that or encourage it or stop it. It will as evidence from other countries has shown make not the blindest bit of difference if someone is so minded. They do it now and will do it then. However it will substantially relieve the burden on the NHS and assist those of the absolute vast majority without nefarious intent to live as they believe they should.

You can do your own googling. There are plenty of examples. From what I can tell, few if any involve transgender people but there are plenty of examples of men exploiting the law to enter female spaces while posing as women. And who's to say they're not women if there are no checks and it's all down to them?

I note you've dropped your lazy 'Daily Mail' claim when presented with the fact that the most vocal opponents of this are feminists. 

There's plenty for you to see here. https://fairplayforwomen.com/thank-india-w-showing-us-women-perceive-transwomen-still-male/

I also think Camille Paglila is very good on the subject and she IS transgender

• Upvote 1

So that even before the GRA being changed there are plenty of examples?. How therefore is the GRA proposals going to change that. You don't check now to see if that person is a woman or not. Are you suggesting that this is done in future and if so how - physical inspection?? If they are breaking the law now I don't see how this is going to stop a very very small minority continuing to do it. It certainly isn't going to encourage transgender people to do it who as you admit by the vast majority don't have nefarious intent anyway.

I didn't drop anything. The point had been made and didn't need repeating.

A more nuanced and detailed evidence based analysis can be found at the following:

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/comment-and-opinion/the-gender-recognition-act-and-the-road-to-self-declaration/5062471.article

Just seen a report on teletext: trans- gender "woman" breast feeds baby, because her partner (a woman) didn't want to.  Well of course a woman who wants to be a man, is still a woman so can perform biologically as a woman.  The media is becoming as confused as these people are.     :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, AdrianR said:

So that even before the GRA being changed there are plenty of examples?. How therefore is the GRA proposals going to change that. You don't check now to see if that person is a woman or not. Are you suggesting that this is done in future and if so how - physical inspection?? If they are breaking the law now I don't see how this is going to stop a very very small minority continuing to do it. It certainly isn't going to encourage transgender people to do it who as you admit by the vast majority don't have nefarious intent anyway.

I didn't drop anything. The point had been made and didn't need repeating.

A more nuanced and detailed evidence based analysis can be found at the following:

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/comment-and-opinion/the-gender-recognition-act-and-the-road-to-self-declaration/5062471.article

There's no nuance. If transgender people have to deal with some difficulties as they transition, then tough luck. There are bigger issues affecting more people than how they feel. It's a real problem for these individuals but the amount of rubbish that has grown up around it needs to be challenged, not least the idea that gender is entirely independent of biological sex - it isn't - or even worse that there's no such thing as biological sex at all. There is. 

We know how the GRA proposals will change things which is why the government is backtracking.  

You did drop the 'Daily Mail' thing. It's just a lazy way to apply labels to people and create a straw man argument. Ironic, really. Then there's your other straw man about inspecting to check if somebody is a man or a woman. In most cases, it's pretty obvious, whether in the case of a convicted paedophile and rapist with male genitals who wants to move to a female prison. 

sfe7xwxchotixork2o568bb1f635167.jpg

Or a transgender male playing in the woman's AFL.

1518602769354.jpg

Then there's the whole issue of people identifying transgenderism in prepubescent children based on what they see as their failure to comply with gender stereotypes and then seeking to administer puberty blockers to them. That is just child abuse and we need to call it that. 

• Upvote 2

Wow i feel like ive just gone way back in time reading that. 

No backtracking at all, As I said originally all mainstream parties are behind GRA amendment. The consultation is still on track and advancing well in Scotland supported by feminist and non feminist mainstream groups alike.

I don't intend to engage further with such antiquated views which clearly go against scientifically proven medical evidence and progressive societal change.

Fortunately there appears more enlightened people making the important decisions which will affect lives of others.