Sign in to follow this  
Mimocuja

Beaumont school

good shot.but any idea when this was taken?

great photo of the barracks, Orford hotel, and Norris street.

just fields behind the houses on hallfields road photo taken 1920s?  

• Like 1

I went there from about 1957 to 67 ,through last year of infants,juniors & boys senior school. Looking at the photograph, the buildings on the right starting at the bottom were infant mixed. From what i can remember ,the next block housed the mixed juniors downstairs & senior boys upstairs. The buildings in the top right hand corner housed the caretaker &  a woodwork classroom. The brick buildings in the middle of the yard were outside toilets split between boys & girls juniors & senior school. At the time i was there there were 3 or 4 prefab buildings on the left hand boundary wall (Wilkinson St) which housed extra classrooms for the senior school  including a metal workshop. I left Beamont as it was after Easter or Whit(?)  1967 & moved to the new school at Long Lane for 1 term after it merged with Oakwood girls to form the new school.

It must be pretty old judging by the lack of cars and Norris street only looks half completed.

Bill :)

As the photo says, it's Beamont not Beaumont, not being pedantic Mimo, it just jumps out to me, cos I was at the Beamont senior school from 1955 to 1958 have lived in Beaumont, Texas from 1970 until now, so I have foot in both spellings.