Taking the p££s -

observer

Fascist/Literally Hitler/Nazi/Far Right = I don't agree with you but have no rational arguments of my own to use, so I just name-call instead in the hope that the hard of thinking will agree with me.

You never hear the media describe anybody as "Far Left" do you? Strange that.:huh:

5 minutes ago, asperity said:

Fascist/Literally Hitler/Nazi/Far Right = I don't agree with you but have no rational arguments of my own to use, so I just name-call instead in the hope that the hard of thinking will agree with me.

You never hear the media describe anybody as "Far Left" do you? Strange that.:huh:

"You never hear the media describe anybody as "Far Left" do you? Strange that."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3917415/editor-of-far-left-website-the-canary-is-booed-by-question-time-audience-as-viewers-complain-about-bbc-inviting-her/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/27/greek-far-left-group-claims-responsibility-for-court-bombing.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/02/labour-faces-subversion-momentum-far-left-roy-hattersley-watford-byelection

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perhaps you'd be as well watching the Hollywood versions of history, cos you certainly haven't a clue about the reality. So we've gone from half the world, including most of S/America being allied to us, with 9 yanks, 1 Jamaican and 1 Palastinian  born Brits flying for Fighter Command;  constituting a wealth of support.!    So much for our current  PC education system, and historical revisionism. .    The reference to the newly released film, was merely to give you the political context of the period, which closely resembles that of today; but hey ho, that went over your head.  As for the commonwealth, the remains of our colonial Empire, often disparaged by the modern education system, and who we basically ditched when we joined the EU;  they didn't all suddenly pile into the UK for the big event, as events were occurring in North and East Africa at the time, and transport was limited to shipping in those days.  Yes, the Canadians supplied one (maybe two ) infantry Divisions for our defence against Operation Sealion and pilots, but again a small, but valued, portion of the total employed at the time.     :ph34r:

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, asperity said:

A comprehensive, reasoned and well laid out argument there Fugs.

Well, if you were offering the same, that's what you'd get back.

But you're not.

And, you didn't address the responses to this:

I assume you take this hyperbole back?

8 hours ago, observer said:

Yes, the Canadians supplied one (maybe two ) infantry Divisions for our defence against Operation Sealion and pilots, but again a small, but valued, portion of the total employed at the time.     :ph34r:

so even if it was only Canada it's not just Britain is it?  I'm glad you realised you were wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, fugtifino said:

Well, if you were offering the same, that's what you'd get back.

But you're not.

And, you didn't address the responses to this:

I assume you take this hyperbole back?

It isn't hyperbole.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/hyperbole

It's an opinion, nothing more or less than that. And I am allowed to express an opinion am I not? <_<

1 hour ago, Togger1 said:

so even if it was only Canada it's not just Britain is it?  I'm glad you realised you were wrong.

So we've come all the way down from your original claim that included half the globe, to a minor contribution (at the time) by the Canadians -  semantics tut tut.    :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, observer said:

So we've come all the way down from your original claim that included half the globe, to a minor contribution (at the time) by the Canadians -  semantics tut tut.    :rolleyes:

No, you said Britain stood alone, whether it's 1, 2 or 200 other nations standing, it proves you wrong.  You were, quite simply wrong.  You have admitted it, let it go and move on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Togger1 said:

No, you said Britain stood alone, whether it's 1, 2 or 200 other nations standing, it proves you wrong.  You were, quite simply wrong.  You have admitted it, let it go and move on.

:D    In terms of the defence of the British Isles, we were - so you can play semantics for ever if you wish.    :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:44 PM, Togger1 said:

Quite simply this has to be one of the most laughably pathetic statements regarding Brexit I have seen on here, which is quite some feat.  What utter tripe.  Oh and what a surprise, a war reference, incidentally completely belonging in the realms of fantasy. Stood alone my arse.

Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Poland, South Africa, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Yugoslavia.  Mexico, the Philippines, Ethiopia, Iraq, Brazil, Bolivia, Iran, Colombia, Liberia, France, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Paraguay, Venezuela, Uruguay, Turkey, Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon

Lest we forget.

Here's "wrong"   :D      

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, asperity said:

It isn't hyperbole.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/hyperbole

It's an opinion, nothing more or less than that. And I am allowed to express an opinion am I not? <_<

"It isn't hyperbole."

Of course it is, it's highly exaggerated and untrue.

"It's an opinion, nothing more or less than that. And I am allowed to express an opinion am I not?"

Ah, now the passive/aggressive approach.

Of course you're entitled to express an opinion, but you presented it as a fact <FAKE NEWS ALERT!>.

As the (now) old saying goes, you're entitled to your own opinions, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

1 hour ago, observer said:

:D    In terms of the defence of the British Isles, we were - so you can play semantics for ever if you wish.    :rolleyes:

Crying "semantics" is a bit like saying I don't agree with you but I have no rational arguments of my own to use, so I'm just going to obs(fuscate)

5 hours ago, observer said:

Did the arguments, got him down from half the world to a Canadian Div and a few flyers !       :D

wrong is wrong.  You can squirm all you wish, it won't make you right.  I know it must rankle especially as had Hitler won you would be living in the kind of country that suits your views.

5 hours ago, observer said:

Did the arguments, got him down from half the world to a Canadian Div and a few flyers !       :D

and the million or so Australians

and the 200k New Zealanders , including the NZ airforce which was sent to Europe.

and the South Africans in their hundreds of thousands

1200 Belgians served in the RAF and their troops were part of the SAS

India declared war on Germany in 1939 and provided the largest volunteer force in history fighting with distinction all over the world including alongside my Grandad.

I could continue.

all declared war on Germany in 1939,  I know it doesn't suit your anti foreigner dogma but facts are facts

• Upvote 1

:D   tut tut - been desperately googling again -   I said defence of the British Isles against threatened invasion (operation sealion), June 1940 - June 1941;  until we had inexhaustible supply of manpower (not in the hundreds but in the millions) in June 1941 and Dec 1941, provided a war winning capability.  Australia, N/Zealand, S/Africa and Indian Divs were employed in N/Africa and later Italy, but that was  later, and of course they were involved the fight against Japan, who entered the equation in Dec 1941.   :ph34r: The appeasers, like Lord Halifax, were ready to throw in the towel; just like the Remoaners today; which was the whole point of the analogy.     :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

No you didn't, thats just more lies and revision, this time of what you said yourself yesterday.  You said and I quote you directly " :D    Rich ?  Better off economically ?   Sorry, to some of us that was the last thing on our minds; it's a political decision about National self determination and control - freedom in other words.  There are times in history, when decisions have to be made on principle, not on pennies and half-pennies;   even if it involves some initial hardship. Fortunately a previous generation realised this in 1940, but chose to soldier on alone; despite the siren voices of appeasers spreading doom and gloom.  The only question now is whether we have a generation equally up to the challenge.       :ph34r:".

No mention of Operation Sealion, defence of Britain simply that in 1940 a fraudulent and misleading claim that Britain soldiered on ALONE.  

• Upvote 1