Downvote

asperity

Well, I may be well off beam here, but I don't think I am. One thread, four posts, four downvotes:

Zero comments from the thumbsdowners.

Regardless of any negative aspects I may consider this place to have, I've always considered it somewhere where issues could be discussed.

I don't think I've ever used a thumbs down for anything or anyone, I prefer to engage.

Imo, that's what talkboards are for.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, fugtifino said:

Well, I may be well off beam here, but I don't think I am. One thread, four posts, four downvotes:

Zero comments from the thumbsdowners.

Regardless of any negative aspects I may consider this place to have, I've always considered it somewhere where issues could be discussed.

I don't think I've ever used a thumbs down for anything or anyone, I prefer to engage.

Imo, that's what talkboards are for.

I've never used a thumbs down either on here..well not that I can remember doing anyway.  But the facility is there is people want to use it...it's just how the forum works as do other social media sites these days like facefook etc.

Clearly some on here really want the voting system to be removed though...I don't see why it should be if it is used as it is meant to be used but even I am staring to get a little p'd off with it now with some people playing silly games and seemingly joining forces in the game play.  Gawd I really have better things to do with the small amount of free time I have these days than watching other peoples stupid and somewhat childish antics .  That is not aimed at the person(s) who downvoted any of the comments on the 'First Ancient Britain was pink with purple spots' topic by the way ! 

I give up....right you're all on your  own now and can do what the heck you like.....fall out, call each other, downvote every single topic comment then cancel out with an upvote the next day...I really don't care  :wacko::blink::ph34r:  Have 'fun' :huh::wub:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 4:22 PM, Gary said:

Would appear I can like posts but not vote on them - seems weird as I pay for it so I should be able to do what I like when I like to who I like! :rolleyes:

I knew I was supposed to be doing something a few weeks ago..oops.

Gary...can you like or vote on others peoples post comments now? 

I'm not sure if other people can like or vote you and me up or down again though...probably a good thing that though especially for me ha ha 

• Upvote 4

On 2/23/2018 at 1:22 AM, Dizzy said:

I knew I was supposed to be doing something a few weeks ago..oops.

Gary...can you like or vote on others peoples post comments now? 

I'm not sure if other people can like or vote you and me up or down again though...probably a good thing that though especially for me ha ha 

YEP!

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Has what gone Fugs ?  If you mean the downvote/upvote thingy well no it's still there as it always was although we also added a 'ha ha giggle' type reaction too:D   

We (admins) can't see who actually votes either way again now (thankfully) as that was only a temporary measure for a short while while we/Invision were looking into the issue of the perpetual and rather annoying 'downvoter'.  Glad it all stopped and we are back to being a happy(ish) place once again :D :lol::blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1