PC out of control ?

observer

5 hours ago, Togger1 said:

such a sad state of affairs when abuse of power and privilege is questioned.  Pretty soon there will be no perks left.

Alas, that's the whole problem with these gutless wimps, any "abuse of power" wasn't questioned or challenged at the time it allegedly occurred,  but delayed for decades until a bandwagon occurred.      :ph34r:

1 hour ago, observer said:

Alas, that's the whole problem with these gutless wimps, any "abuse of power" wasn't questioned or challenged at the time it allegedly occurred,  but delayed for decades until a bandwagon occurred.      :ph34r:

Perhaps its only now that the victims are being listened to and its harder for these perverts , mysogynists, abusers etc. to cover up their wrongdoings just by being a member of the old boys club.  Still plenty of victim blaming going on though.

4 minutes ago, Confused52 said:

Togger.

The use of PC is usually to control language in order to control debate and make it seem unreasonable to hold contrary values. This thread started by asserting that it is now out-of-control and now you are living proof that the original assertion was correct. Thanks for your help!

I think you need a sit down,  you seem to be living up to your forum monika.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Togger1 said:

Perhaps its only now that the victims are being listened to and its harder for these perverts , mysogynists, abusers etc. to cover up their wrongdoings just by being a member of the old boys club.  Still plenty of victim blaming going on though.

No it's not,  the majority of these so-called victims, didn't challenge inappropriate behaviour at the point of commitment, then didn't report alleged incidents to the appropriate authorities at the time, nor take appropriate safe guarding measures to deter such behaviour (IE joining a Trade Union).   Abuse of authority has gone on throughout the workplace, and has been allowed to continue by the fact that victims haven't had the bottle to stand up to it; either because of fear, ignorance or lack of confidence or because of their own ambition.  Yes, if you upset the Boss, you will no doubt become toxic, and any ambitions for promotion will disappear, but the loss of self respect can be a higher price to pay.    :ph34r:

1 hour ago, observer said:

No it's not,  the majority of these so-called victims, didn't challenge inappropriate behaviour at the point of commitment, then didn't report alleged incidents to the appropriate authorities at the time, nor take appropriate safe guarding measures to deter such behaviour (IE joining a Trade Union).   Abuse of authority has gone on throughout the workplace, and has been allowed to continue by the fact that victims haven't had the bottle to stand up to it; either because of fear, ignorance or lack of confidence or because of their own ambition.  Yes, if you upset the Boss, you will no doubt become toxic, and any ambitions for promotion will disappear, but the loss of self respect can be a higher price to pay.    :ph34r:

Like I pointed out, plenty of victim blaming going on.

• Upvote 1

Still no cogent argument, just aspersions. Let's take one example off tonight's CH4 news:   the girl with glasses who's made allegations against a Labour MP.  Now, according to her, she invited the Labour MP to speak at a Uni  event; during which, she alleges he rubbed his crotch against her. Well, if we ignore the fact that it's a case of one's word against another (no witnesses); that in itself would warrant a kick in parts he was alleged to have rubbed against her, which would guarantee, he never did again. But no, having ignored this warning sign, she accepted his invitation to the Commons, where she alleges he made some lewd suggestions/remarks; so not even a grope this time.  So the sum total of her allegations boils down to alleged brushing against her and some lewd suggestions; not rape, not even a grope; and now she's gone public with these pitifull complaints, clearly in a fit of spite, because Corbyn had promoted him to the shadow cabinet.  That's the level of PC we're dealing with, and the media and snowflakes are getting into a frenzy about. So when we've finished with these pathetic disclosures, I'm sure there will be more serious complaints, which again, call for questions, as to why they were not reported to the Police immediately, why evidence wasn't gathered by them, in order to actually prove their allegations at the time, and possibility save predatory activity by the alleged perpetrator on some other "victim".  What is clear in all this, is that a culture of juvenile victimhood is at work through political correctness, to pursue a witch hunt on a scale comparable with the Hitler or Stalin regimes, of pointing the finger, and deciding guilt via the media, without due process.      :ph34r:

In fact you completely fail to attribute any fault to these sleaze balls.  Why is that I wonder?

that suggestion not only borders on the libellous but could be cause for a legal case to be brought against you for defamation of character unless you can provide some proof as to the validity of it.

innocence until proven otherwise is the basis of the judicial system, even a murderer, if caught standing over the body with gun in hand and screaming they deserved it, can only be arrested under suspicion and is deemed innocent until convicted in a court of law. hence the term alleged being used all the time. alleged crimes are not proven crimes and "victims" coming forward in the press only prejudice any case against the alleged perpetrator as they would not get a "fair" trial in a court of law.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

that suggestion not only borders on the libellous but could be cause for a legal case to be brought against you for defamation of character unless you can provide some proof as to the validity of it.

innocence until proven otherwise is the basis of the judicial system, even a murderer, if caught standing over the body with gun in hand and screaming they deserved it, can only be arrested under suspicion and is deemed innocent until convicted in a court of law. hence the term alleged being used all the time. alleged crimes are not proven crimes and "victims" coming forward in the press only prejudice any case against the alleged perpetrator as they would not get a "fair" trial in a court of law.

are you completely stupid or still smarting after I pointed out your made up story previously.  Please tell me where in that post I have implied anything let alone been libellous?  How desperate are you Sid?  So what have I alleged and against whom?

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Togger1 said:

victim blaming again, at its finest.  Its not PC , its abuse of power by people in positions to feel above the law and in the past with good reason.  Today the victims are not dismissed and destroyed as easily as they once were and that is a good thing. 

Alleged victim blaming, if you don't mind.;  and it remains "alleged" until   proven in a court of law. But sadly no more, as we now have trial by media, in some cases by anonymous accusers,  based on no evidence or witness support whatsoever; which means people who could be completely innocent are being destroyed by a witch hunt, no different than the Pendle Witchhunt of old.   Seems this generation of "anti-fascists", are more fascist in their PC ardour than the old fascists.  Time for the silent majority to reject this trend.    :ph34r:

Funny did you not read the quoted piece of your post in reply to a previous post.

The possibly libellous part was as follows " In fact you completely fail to attribute any fault to these sleaze balls.  Why is that I wonder? "

You were kind enough to point out my possible error and advise that it could be misconstrued and lead to legal repercussions and i thought i would return the favour. No need to thank me all part of the service.

(Not smarting at all just pointing out something and compared to Einstein i probably am stupid, something that i will readily admit to.)

you really are a desperate man aren't you Sid,  you make stuff up for attention about the Council and now the same with me,  please point out which part of my quoted piece could possibly be construed as libel?  Do you understand what it means and can you read what I typed?  I ask as you seem to be reading one thing and thinking another,. Why is that I wonder?

• Downvote 1

Well you would, as the snowflakes labour under the delusion that just because they're more vocal than the rest, they constitute a majority - which they clearly don't.  I would liken these PC indoctrinated youngsters to the Bolsheviks, a minority intent on dictatorship.   The dictatorship of political correctness, with the introduction of "new speak", just as Orwell predicted.     :ph34r: 

43 minutes ago, observer said:

Well you would, as the snowflakes labour under the delusion that just because they're more vocal than the rest, they constitute a majority - which they clearly don't.  I would liken these PC indoctrinated youngsters to the Bolsheviks, a minority intent on dictatorship.   The dictatorship of political correctness, with the introduction of "new speak", just as Orwell predicted.     :ph34r: 

even funnier,  I thank you ,  so entertaining. Silent, you ??  hilarious.   Using a complete work of fiction to try to prove a point is laughable in the extreme.  AFPMSL

• Downvote 1