PC out of control ?

observer

The Liebour Party has now suspended one of their MPs for "ist" comments made on line, 13 years ago. The new speak police have tracked him down and he will be held to account. With politics now plunging the depths of political correctness, what normal person would even entertain a political arena of such trivia ?        :ph34r:

There was an article the other day about  a banker who had put  doctored  photos on facebook of  a former colleague & the object of his desires who had spurned his advances. It makes you wonder if maybe temptation in these cases could be removed by having male & female staff in different parts of an office building to avoid awkward situations. Obviously it would be more suitable in larger companies with more office space.

Seems the day of plain talking has gone:  if someone is obese, your no longer allowed to call them "fat", as it's now classed as body shaming and frowned on by the PC Police. Any and every joke is scrutinised for PC offences.  We've now reached the Orwellian world of "new speak".  However, some of us welcome the challenge !     :ph34r:

Well, I was reading through a hospital questionnaire the other day, which put about five options for gender, orientation etc; all totally irrelevant to a survey of satisfaction with treatment; probably thought up by some highly paid administrator struggling with the real issues in the NHS.  The Gov are in on this act too, believe they're saying that we can't use the term "pregnant woman" anymore, but must use the term "pregnant person"; lest you offend a tranny !        :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Davy51 said:

There was an article the other day about  a banker who had put  doctored  photos on facebook of  a former colleague & the object of his desires who had spurned his advances. It makes you wonder if maybe temptation in these cases could be removed by having male & female staff in different parts of an office building to avoid awkward situations. Obviously it would be more suitable in larger companies with more office space.

"It makes you wonder if maybe temptation in these cases could be removed by having male & female staff in different parts of an office building to avoid awkward situations."

Crikey, you're serious aren't you.

It's like the Islamists have won, or something.

8 hours ago, observer said:

Well, I was reading through a hospital questionnaire the other day, which put about five options for gender, orientation etc; all totally irrelevant to a survey of satisfaction with treatment; probably thought up by some highly paid administrator struggling with the real issues in the NHS.  The Gov are in on this act too, believe they're saying that we can't use the term "pregnant woman" anymore, but must use the term "pregnant person"; lest you offend a tranny !        :rolleyes:

"...offend a tranny..."

ZING!

To avoid confusing me more than i already am can you clarify what "tranny" refers to.

is it a transvestite, a person who dresses in clothes of the opposite sex,To which the word "tranny" is usually associated .

Is it Transsexual a person who has undergone gender alteration from their sexual definition at birth to the opposite sex and who i have never yet come across as being referred to as a "tranny".

Is it the car transmission which is usually shortened to "tranny" usually in America but finding more usage over here as American influence of the language occurs due to the proliferation of American TV shows and films.

One word many uses and depending on your upbringing lots of confusion, especially if you consider the phrase, "I am going to take out the tranny tonight" :wacko:

On 29/10/2017 at 1:25 AM, fugtifino said:

"It makes you wonder if maybe temptation in these cases could be removed by having male & female staff in different parts of an office building to avoid awkward situations."

Crikey, you're serious aren't you.

It's like the Islamists have won, or something.

Yes ,& when you think about the matter  temptation is a two headed monster with it being just as easy for a "victim" to post a load of rubbish on social media then having to follow allegations up with lies & deceit & even police involvement to save face. Think about it....it could save a lot of trouble.

so how would you sort that out davy.

fine saying segregate male employees from female employees. However what about homosexuals and lesbians.  you would need a separate area for each possible combination of sexual orientations with checks that communications between those was not of a sexual nature and then a separate entrance/exit so that they could not possibly meet which would include car parking space, eating areas, toilet facilities, relaxation areas the list goes on and on.

Of course the really obvious solution would be for all employees to work from home. which would stop any interaction between them and save on air pollution due to people not having to travel for work. Of course could be a bit difficult for shop workers and bus drivers and the like but ideal for call centre people and other office based jobs.

It wasn't actually a suggestion ,it was meant more as an observation of the situation that seems to be arising lately in the seedy world of social media where particularly unpleasant types can inflict mental anguish on their victims by technical wizardry. Cyber bullying can involve matters of sex, race ,sexual orientation ,the list being seemingly endless.

I could even make a non pc comment about mixed working environments  but as that would not be pc i will refrain from doing so.

6 hours ago, Davy51 said:

If you  choose to believe so, take your pick .  I will ,however, be lying in the sun for the next couple of weeks . ttfn !

seems pretty clear to me without any need for interpretation.  Anyway,  hope you booked for one of those nice men only beaches in Tenerife, be right up your alley, or perhaps a fortnight in Saudi where they treat women the way you seem to like.

• Downvote 1