Sign in to follow this  
observer

Grid lock -

Finished up in a queue of traffic along Battersby Lane, which was backing up from Bridge Foot. So thought to myself, if this is how bad it is now, what's going to happen when tolls are placed on the two Widnes bridges ?          :huh:

You're better on foot these days or get one of the scooters that all the kids are  using . Maybe even a skateboard !

Obs, there was a bad accident which closed the A49 in both directions at Stretton and also another one on the Warburton Bridge forcing the closure of the bridge too.... both around tea time.  These caused traffic congestion everywhere with them being main through routes.

I hope those involved in the accidents are ok and not seriously hurt....  

Diz, this was earlier than that, and sadly now the norm - queues in Battersby Lane, and around the Island, Orford Laneski. Getting back to the question, can't see two toll bridges in Widnes improving matters - can you ?        -_-

Padgate Lane / Green Lane junction was a bit of a nightmare at 5pm but still don't know where the accident was. I doubt Stretton or Warburton would have had any impact?

Bill :)

Getting back to the question, can't see two toll bridges in Widnes improving matters - can you ?        -_-

Might make it a bit easier when somebody threatens to jump off one they can make the other two way so less traffic hold ups.:twisted: