Wirewire

Search for new coach begins

Wirewire    11

Well Tony has fallen on his sword after a very disappointing season.

I think he's right to go and has been fantastic for us but the timing is right to bring someone else in who can reinvigorate the players.

It'll be an interesting off season that's for sure and let's hope the new guy comes in quickly and can sort out any recruitment we need before the better players get snapped up.

• Upvote 1

Gary    92

As they say all good things come to an end - is it purely a coincidence it all happens the same week former Wigan Coach Michael Maguire gets the boot in Australia.

Have the Wolves moved quickly to ensure they get their new man? 

Wirewire    11

I shall be eternally grateful for what Tony has done for our club and will always have fond memories of him. 

His time is over now and although Maguire didn't encourage an expansive style of play whist at Wigan i would have swapped their trophy cabinet for ours during his tenure so would be very happy to have him as our new coach!

I'm sure if anyone in the press is in the know Gary it is you so we await your insight!

Gary    92

At least four being talked to but I believe Maguire's family are not too keen on the move back to blighty

Wirewire    11

To be honest I don't know anything about the people who we're rumoured to be talking to as I just don't follow the NRL. so don't know whether this would be a good signing or not???

Do you have any insight beyond what we can read on-line?

Gary    92
On 9/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, Wirewire said:

To be honest I don't know anything about the people who we're rumoured to be talking to as I just don't follow the NRL. so don't know whether this would be a good signing or not???

Do you have any insight beyond what we can read on-line?

Not a totally happy ship and the new guy is going to have to hit the floor running. Expecting appointment before the weeks out. I have heard the guy they really wanted didn't want to come!

Wirewire    11

We really need a quick resolution as we've now lost 9 players from this year's squad and have only one replacement confirmed.

I think we may have other players coming out of contract that also need sorting soonest.

What a mess!!!!